Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Non-Resident Illinois Hunting License >

Non-Resident Illinois Hunting License

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Non-Resident Illinois Hunting License

Old 09-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Spike

Default Non-Resident Illinois Hunting License

Hey guys, I may get a chance to hunt private property the first week of Illinois Bow Season. Looking for information on Non-resident licenses. I have heard different things from buddies that have had buddies... you know my brothers, girlfriends third cousins said...

I have heard that you have to pre-register, not like most states where you can strole in Walmart and get your license the day before. I also heard that Illinois was going to do a week non-resident license?

anyone with definite info could you let me know? Details still aren't final but trying to get everything figured out before hand.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hit the IDNR website and it will give you all the information you have to know. They unfortunately are not like a lot of states. Non residents do have to draw for a tag but there are usually a good amount ledt over. Just to forewarn you, they are a little pricey if you haven't bowhunted much out of state. Best bet would be to google "Illinois Deer license" The state website should be the first one to pop up. Good Luck!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Typical Buck

Non Res. Hunting License $57.75
Non Res. habitat stamp $5.50
Non resident archery tags $411.00

That will be your cost,I think there is still tags available from the site.

Buy your license here-https://www3.wildlifelicense.com/il/license.php?action=custlkup
Get your info here-http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/Pages/Non-ResidentArcheryDeerHunting.aspx
Old 09-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Typical Buck

You can get an antler less only tag for under $60.00 the $411.00 was for a combo buck and doe tag.

So if you want to just hunt a doe you could do so for around 150.00 or so that is including hunting license and a stamp.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your good Just got mine in the mail. They start out being in a draw, but theres a bunch of left over tags. Bowhunting western IL this yr. Pretty pumped. Always wanted to hunt IL and I'm making it happen this yr. Figured lifes to short so do it! Good Luck!
Old 09-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

Im pretty sure you can just buy them over the counter. You can get a 5 day hunting license for $36.75.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

I was told $150.00 out of state lic .
Old 09-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

those are the prices i looked up in the 2010-2011 hunting regulations book
Old 09-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Blackhawk Archery got the prices right for out of staters here in Illinois. Its pretty expensive here for people not from Illinois but I guess that might be a contributor why we do have a pretty good deer herd. I believe Iowa's permits are in the same price range and they have a pretty similar deer herd as well. As long as Illinois doesn't screw up the deer herd like Wisconsin I'll be happy!

You can buy the non-resident archery tags over the counter now, if your out of state and want to buy your permit over the counter I'm pretty sure neighboring states have vendors that can sell you Non-resident licenses, you just have to do some research to find them. I know you can buy Illinois and Wisconsin tags here in Chicago at a few spots.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:13 AM
Spike

Thanks guys, so I better get with it and figure things out to make sure I show up to the game with a ticket to get in! I am excited too, just hoping all comes through.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.