Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hanging stands for filming?

Old 09-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default hanging stands for filming?

How do you guys that film go about hanging your stands? I know you hang the one stand off to the side but how high do you put it? I have a general idea but this is our first year of filming seriously and was wondering how you guys that have done it in the past do it
Old 09-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Spike

We have always put the camera stand where we could step from the seat of the hunter's stand to the platform of the camera stand. This has seemed to work very well for us. In one instance, though, we actually had the camera stand set up under the platform of a ladder stand because this is all the tree would allow us to do.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys if this is your first year of filming you might want to check this out. It has some really good information on filming your hunt. Hope it helps.
Live it up! Doug
Old 09-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by thwackdaddi View Post
We have always put the camera stand where we could step from the seat of the hunter's stand to the platform of the camera stand. This has seemed to work very well for us. In one instance, though, we actually had the camera stand set up under the platform of a ladder stand because this is all the tree would allow us to do.
I do it the same way he does his to. it seems to work really good but sometimes the tree will not allow you to do that so you just have to improvise. One i had to hang the camera shooting stand almost on the complete backside of the tree and just barely higher so the straps were not touching. couldnt go no higher than that cause of the limbs. Hope this helps!