Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone use shooting sticks?

Old 09-14-2010, 04:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default Anyone use shooting sticks?

I ordered a Bog-Pod bipod for my wife to use while hunting from a blind. I am just getting her into deer hunting and want her to use these to help steady the gun. I have never used shooting sticks before and am wondering if Bog-Pod are any good. I know it is a little late to ask since I already ordered them, but want to confirm that I didn't make a bad choice.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:22 AM
Spike

Don't know anything about the Bog-Pod, but I use the Primos long monopod. Works well for me.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

When i rifle hunted I used them for out west, worked great, but i no longer hunt with a rifle.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a bipod mounted on the stud. It's very solid and covers prone and sitting, and it's always there. I don't hunt without it, whether it's rifle or ML. I'm not a fan of shooting sticks when I can have a bipod on the rifle.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:12 AM
Spike

I've used my buddy's primos monopod that you can adjust quickly at spot and stalk w/ muzzleloader. It's great and doubles as a walking stick if you want.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Proud owner of the Bog-Pod bipod !

Shot a lot of yotes off those sticks.................................
Old 09-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

I refuse to pay for shooting sticks. I just picked up an old tent from a rumage sale for $5 and attatched two of the poles together. You can make four to five sets for under$ 10.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default sticks, bi pods tripods.....

never used them before, nor after.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Spike

I have a set of the stoney sticks and love them. Everything from yote hunting or deer hunting in a blind. I'm going to look into the primos or bog pod for this years gun season. Would like something I can use from a stand and I believe the primos will work.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

For Turkey I have the Primos quick adjust short one ,works well. For Deer I'm considering a taller one they sell but I have found using a tree to lean against a real help when shooting while stalking them. My tree stand has a foot rest which elevates my knee to put my elbow on so I'm undecided if it will only get in the way while up high.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.