Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
anti-hunter messing up your hunt >

anti-hunter messing up your hunt

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

anti-hunter messing up your hunt

Old 09-13-2010, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default anti-hunter messing up your hunt

this has been happening to me for a couple years now on a small piece of property i have. i park on the side of the rd and when you look at my truck its prety obvious it is an outdoorsman's truck with all the hunting stickers on the back glass. somebody will drive by and when they see my truck they will lay down the horn all the way down the rd. i am assuming it is a tree hugger that lives in the nice lakehouses at the end of the rd. one of these days ill be in the wood line watching for this person. have any of you guys had a experience like this?
Old 09-13-2010, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just wondering where you are in NC? I would try to find a different place to park if possible.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

I have had this happen but it was no tree hugger it was a trophy hunter who had been watching a 200" or more 10 point I am talking a pure giant,he would patrol at night and in the day if he saw you hunting he would be honking the horn here in IL it is illegal and considered hunter harassment I never called the warden but should have.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah if it is or you suspect hunter harrassment then I would try to catch them from the wood line like you said but get it on video tape. You may get lucky by just setting a video camera up in your truck or on a tripod somewhere while you are in the woods. Then you have something the warden can present them with to back up a citation and serve as a future deterent.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

I have had a lady that does not like hunting ride her bicycle up and down the road where I hunt when sees my jeep parked there. Or she will actually bring a lawn chair and sit by the side of the road. Doesn't bother me a bit... I just just keep thinking one of the deer I arrow will run over and die at her feet. Just keep doing what your doing! Deer are use to traffic going up and down your road and will settle back down really quickly after a car passes. Even if its honking it's horn. They usually don't get to upset unless it's chasing them. Even when they are crossing the road they usually just get a few feet from the road and stop and turn around and look. One of my ground blinds is only about 75 yards from a road and I've watched many deer not react to cars going by. Me I wouldn't be bothered by it.
Live it up! Doug
Old 09-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

@LKN, in NCi hunt in gaston co, i have about 500 acres spread out all over. i have around 6000 in SC i hunt once gun comes in.

that is a good idea with the video camera, i sure would like to see who it is.

@kswild, it doesnt bother me eather. i kind of chuckle everytime they pass. i still kill deer regardless. i would just love to know where they live
Old 09-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh OK I'm not too far away from you.

Originally Posted by country_guy9734
@LKN, in NCi hunt in gaston co, i have about 500 acres spread out all over. i have around 6000 in SC i hunt once gun comes in.

that is a good idea with the video camera, i sure would like to see who it is.

@kswild, it doesnt bother me eather. i kind of chuckle everytime they pass. i still kill deer regardless. i would just love to know where they live
Old 09-13-2010, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

where do you hunt?
Old 09-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

We have hunter harassment laws here in NC...Frankly, I wouldn't bother as blowing a horn won't bother the deer, hunt and forget it...
Old 09-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Fork Horn

We had an airplane push elk away from our property years ago. No idea if it was anti-hunters or the neighboring outfitters. It happened three or four times through the course of a couple weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.