Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic. >

UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by XBolt ShortMag
this isnt the article i was talking about but, kinda interesting...

\http://chronicle.augusta.com/content...arolina-or-are

Ok. I have no trouble believing this article. You don't think that what they call a Florida Panther is a black cat do you? Florida Panther is a subspecies of the Eastern Cougar. Same thing as a cougar but just a tad smaller. It's no secret that the North American Cougar is expanding it's home range. Hell, we've had 4 dead wild cougars in the state of IL. in the last 8 years. Matter of fact, the Indiana DNR just got live photos this year of one just across the river from my home town.
http://www.examiner.com/outdoor-trav...irm-with-photo
Old 09-27-2010, 01:48 AM
Spike

I think its two black hogs
Old 09-27-2010, 05:05 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by 2 Lunger
Ok. I have no trouble believing this article. You don't think that what they call a Florida Panther is a black cat do you? Florida Panther is a subspecies of the Eastern Cougar. Same thing as a cougar but just a tad smaller. It's no secret that the North American Cougar is expanding it's home range. Hell, we've had 4 dead wild cougars in the state of IL. in the last 8 years. Matter of fact, the Indiana DNR just got live photos this year of one just across the river from my home town.
http://www.examiner.com/outdoor-trav...irm-with-photo

no i dont. i thought the article was interesting so i shared it
Old 09-27-2010, 08:31 AM
Spike

2lunger - I don't think you're beating a dead horse. The rain forest part was to simply say that the belief of if we didn't believe those animals there existed until we saw them then they didn't is a false belief. It's a false way of thinking. You are completely missing my point. My POINT is that you should not discount an animal as impossible or non existent just because you haven't seen it. That's it really lol. Three years ago I could have said that piebald deer didn't exist b/c I'd never seen it, nor seen any photo evidence of one. But they do exist, and now I have. I'm just saying, don't say something doesn't exist when there IS the possibility that it COULD. I really don't mean to keep arguing either, I just can't see saying X cannot exist b/c I've not seen any photo evidence of X.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by kswild
If you go back and READ the article it was a TPWD biologist that was being quoted about having 2 of them in his neighborhood. So are you going to dispute what a Texas biologist says? How many times do you think Mountain lions get treed while being hunted in say Colorado? The same cat can be treed many times... not that unusual. Did I answer your questions?
Live it up! Doug

Sure I'll dispute what he says, I don't care if he is a biologist or not. Like I said, he has two of these rarely seen cats treed several times in his neighborhood and there are no pictures? But he did think to take pictures of a light track that is automatically a black cat? WTF?

No you didn't answer my questions. A couple didn't apply to you but as a believer in black cats you should be able to answer the rest of them. The ones about no actual proof and all.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Rowdyhntr0411
2lunger - I don't think you're beating a dead horse. The rain forest part was to simply say that the belief of if we didn't believe those animals there existed until we saw them then they didn't is a false belief. It's a false way of thinking. You are completely missing my point. My POINT is that you should not discount an animal as impossible or non existent just because you haven't seen it. That's it really lol. Three years ago I could have said that piebald deer didn't exist b/c I'd never seen it, nor seen any photo evidence of one. But they do exist, and now I have. I'm just saying, don't say something doesn't exist when there IS the possibility that it COULD. I really don't mean to keep arguing either, I just can't see saying X cannot exist b/c I've not seen any photo evidence of X.
That's true that you can't discount anything. But with a quick google search you can find pics of piebald deer. Search all day for a pic of a black mountain lion and nothing. Even after all these years and thousands of sightings, no pics and no bodies. Yet tons of normal colored mountain lions.

Peoples imaginations, certain lighting and wanting to see something will often make them believe in anything, no matter what.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:48 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by CJW19
That's true that you can't discount anything. But with a quick google search you can find pics of piebald deer. Search all day for a pic of a black mountain lion and nothing. Even after all these years and thousands of sightings, no pics and no bodies. Yet tons of normal colored mountain lions.

Peoples imaginations, certain lighting and wanting to see something will often make them believe in anything, no matter what.
True to the above, but again, you can't discount anything just because you haven't seen it. That's my main point. Just because it's rare/uncommon/not seen regularly doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That's my only main deal, you can't just say something is "impossible" as he put it.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

Sure I'll dispute what he says, I don't care if he is a biologist or not. Like I said, he has two of these rarely seen cats treed several times in his neighborhood and there are no pictures? But he did think to take pictures of a light track that is automatically a black cat? WTF?

No you didn't answer my questions. A couple didn't apply to you but as a believer in black cats you should be able to answer the rest of them. The ones about no actual proof and all.
You don't read very well do you? I said I do not believe they are Black Mountain lions.....FOR THE RECORD.... I BELIEVE THERE ARE BLACK PANTHERS IN THE UNITED STATES. I HAVE SEEN THEM IN THE WILD. What is in that pic of the OP I have no idea because I was not there. If you want to argue about the article go argue with the author.
Live it up! Doug
Old 09-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

So now your an expert on people and what they believe! Who said they wanted to see anything?
Live it up! Doug
Old 09-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

I am the one who thinks the black panther is a cougar. really I could care less what species of kitty cat it is, and I too am not saying the pics are def, cats. now what have you to say?/?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.