Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic. >

UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic.

Old 09-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Spike

You know the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. My good buddy Occam tells me that this is a picture of a couple of dogs in a field.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rowdyhntr0411

Now I did want to say that I didn't mean to say that what I have seen is for a fact a panther. Again, we're close enough to South America that Jaguars wouldn't be surprising, plus there are a lot of exotic breeders in this country. I"m just saying a black large cat is not impossible ; ) .
If you have been following, I have never said that there is no such thing as big black cat. All I have stated is that it's not a black cougar. I've said many a time that there are black jaguars and black leopards. As many black cat sightings we have in North America we must have more jaguars than in South America where they are native.

I'm done with the arguement until someone can provide me a picture of a true black cougar. Then I will publicly apologize to each one of you. Until then......happy panther hunting.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by kswild
Explain This.
http://www.anomalist.com/features/jag.html
Live it up! Doug
"I had two of them in my neighborhood near Houston in the late 70s and the dogs would tree them every couple of weeks. They're about the most secretive critters around," he added.

I'll point out this paragraph from your link. He had two of these cats in his neighborhood that got treed every couple of weeks, and all the proof he has is a couple crappy pictures of a "track" and a damned quarter? Plus they are super secretive, yet they got treed every couple of weeks in the same neighborhood? Common sense would tell me that a "super secretive" animal would leave the area after being treed by dogs.

Please help me out here!

And to the people who said that they've never seen a coon dog with a curly tail or a black coon dog, I guess the coon dog across the road is a genetic freak? And all of the other coon/bear dogs around here that I've seen with curled tails and which are black are figments of my imagination?

And the fact that anyone could positively identify TWO rare as bigfoot, never actually documented animals from a grainy trail cam pic with three foot tall grass between these two rare beasts and the said grainy trail cam, is positively astonishing!!!

And I wish years ago when I first heard of a black panther I would have started counting these magnificent tales and keeping track of which states they came from. My bet is it would have been almost all 50 states and a few Canadian provinces.

And isn't it astonishing that out of all of the Mountain Lions, Cougars, Panthers, whatever you want to call them, that are harvested in the US and Canada every year, there hasn't been one black mountain lion shot? The only "proof" we have are crappy trail cam pics, sightings from a distance close to dark and pictures of a very light track with a quarter in it that can supposedly tell us that the animal that made it is black.

Please, if you can, help me understand!
Old 09-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Spike

this isnt the article i was talking about but, kinda interesting...

\http://chronicle.augusta.com/content...arolina-or-are
Old 09-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Spike

2lunger - my point was simply that you should not say something doesn't exist without knowing 100% for sure that it doesn't. Just because you haven't seen something, seen a picture of it or whatever, doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or is impossible. If that was the case then half of the animals in the rainforest didn't exist until a few years ago.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by XBolt ShortMag
this isnt the article i was talking about but, kinda interesting...

\http://chronicle.augusta.com/content...arolina-or-are
Interesting. Thanks for posting!
Live it up! Doug
Old 09-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Spike

kswild, I'd be really interested in you answering my questions above.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by CJW19
kswild, I'd be really interested in you answering my questions above.
If you go back and READ the article it was a TPWD biologist that was being quoted about having 2 of them in his neighborhood. So are you going to dispute what a Texas biologist says? How many times do you think Mountain lions get treed while being hunted in say Colorado? The same cat can be treed many times... not that unusual. Did I answer your questions?
Live it up! Doug

Last edited by kswild; 09-26-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rowdyhntr0411
2lunger - my point was simply that you should not say something doesn't exist without knowing 100% for sure that it doesn't. Just because you haven't seen something, seen a picture of it or whatever, doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or is impossible. If that was the case then half of the animals in the rainforest didn't exist until a few years ago.
I get your point. I really do, but comparing North America to the rain forest is comparing apples to watermelons.

Rowdy, do you believe in Bigfoot? I mean we have more evidence they exist then the magical black cougar.

I think you misunderstand my point. Do I believe in black cats? Yes, but I do not think they are cougars. Do I believe that every black cat sighting is legit? No, not even over a 2% chance. Reason being is we would have some legit photos and a few dead bodies of such animal if even half of all sightings were legit.

Why do I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here?
Old 09-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 2 Lunger
I get your point. I really do, but comparing North America to the rain forest is comparing apples to watermelons.

Rowdy, do you believe in Bigfoot? I mean we have more evidence they exist then the magical black cougar.

I think you misunderstand my point. Do I believe in black cats? Yes, but I do not think they are cougars. Do I believe that every black cat sighting is legit? No, not even over a 2% chance. Reason being is we would have some legit photos and a few dead bodies of such animal if even half of all sightings were legit.

Why do I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here?
Cause this thread is a dead horse. BTW I don't think they are black cougars either.
Live it up! Doug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.