Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic. >

UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Two dogs... the one on the right is broadside to the camera and the front one is quartering away. The one on the right is sniffing the others behind.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Spike

If you take a closer look you can see that they are in fact coon dogs
Attached Thumbnails UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic.-coondog.jpg  
Old 09-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sunjbr
If you take a closer look you can see that they are in fact coon dogs
now, how do you know they are coon dogs? they are solid black, I see alot of coon,deer,bear and other dogs on a daily basis, the only one I have seen solid black is my duck dog. and a new mystery how is that hunter floating above the landscape? some spooky crap goin on round here
Old 09-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Everyone has to admit this was waaaayyyy more fun than we should have ever been allowed to have over one poor quality trail cam picture. Now to solve the mystery. It is clearly a Chupacabra eating a black panther that was eating 2 black labs. Sheesh, was that so hard?
Old 09-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Kid
Everyone has to admit this was waaaayyyy more fun than we should have ever been allowed to have over one poor quality trail cam picture. Now to solve the mystery. It is clearly a Chupacabra eating a black panther that was eating 2 black labs. Sheesh, was that so hard?
Hahahahah Clearly!
Live it up! Doug
Old 09-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Typical Buck

Well I can see a pink panther, why not black!!!
Live it up! Doug
Attached Thumbnails UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic.-panther-pink-panther.jpg  
Old 09-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by 2 Lunger
I found this in 2 seconds using google. When I get a chance I will find you a better article.

8. Can cougars be black?
There is no scientific documentation that a black color phase exists in cougars in North America. Several species of the larger spotted cats (leopard and jaguars) do have black color phases. An exotic cat called a jaguarundi, which looks somewhat similar to a cougar -- just a smaller size, has a black phase.
I'm totally new, and probably shouldn't bring this back up, but I wanted to point something out here. Your answer said that there is no scientific documentation. That does not mean that it is the end all answer. All scientific hypotheses and theories are open to arguement and testing. Wikipedia notes that North American black panthers may in fact be black cougars, or black jaguars (which is not unthinkable considering how close we are to South America). It should also be noted that melanism ( a darker skin pattern) has been found not only in panthers and cougars but in bobcats as well, and can be mistaken for a black panther.
From Michigan:
http://www.michigancougar.com/vandenbergblackcougar.jpg
As to black panthers. I live in FL. I have seen large black cats. You cannot tell me they do not exist and walk around.
I am not sure about the image. When blown up, if you look closely, the head shape seems to be thicker and boxier, and the body shape resembles that of a cat to me. That being said, I'd really want a clearer shot.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Spike

Further displays of Melanism in several species of animal

http://www.outdooroddities.com/wp-co..._whitetail.jpg

http://www.bigcatsinbritain.org/blackbobcatD.jpg

http://y2u.co.uk/Knowledge_Informati..._Panther_1.jpg

http://blogs.discovery.com/.a/6a00d8...b4cf970b-800wi

Point made. Back to newb lurkdome.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wikipedia notes that North American black panthers may in fact be black cougars, or black jaguars (which is not unthinkable considering how close we are to South America)
Anyone can post anything at Wiki and claim it true - just like a forum. A cougar is a panther in NA - black ones do not and never have existed regardless of how many wish they could. Posting pictures of black deer, or any melanistic animal other then a mountain lion is not proof that a melanistic ml is possible.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Two dogs... the one on the right is broadside to the camera and the front one is quartering away. The one on the right is sniffing the others behind.
X2. That's what it looked like to me. The second one stretched out gives a profile that looks surprisingly catlike, but that first animal looks like a dog.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.