Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic. >

UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

I have seen a few panthers in my day, living in eastern NC. I am sure what you got there is a couple of dem dar kitty cats. I have never seen a coon dogs tail curl up like that , and there is definatly no collar on the front cat. I would start looking for trees that are clawed up, and I would personaly recomend you stay away, they will hunt you. do not toy with this animal.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

that panther had to of escaped from bigfoot... if you follow the sasquatch he'll lead you right to the cat!

Old 09-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Spike

Tell your friend to be careful in that area. Those are definetly two panthers.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Spike

Definately going to agree with NightCrawler, those cats will use you for a scratching post.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ha ha ha!!!! This is killing me!!!! So, we have concluded that we have caught the elusive black panther...wait...make that two black panthers that are getting ready to mate in the great state of Mississippi? And these are the floppy eared, skinny legged, short tailed species of the black panther?
Old 09-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

They are Florida panthers which are on the endangered species list in Mississippi.
Live it up! Doug
Old 09-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kswild
They are Florida panthers which are on the endangered species list in Mississippi.
Live it up! Doug

Wait a minute. Isn't the florida panther a subspecies of the eastern cougar? That would make it a brown or tawny colored animal not black. And before you tell me is a black phase cougar do some research. There is no such thing. The only known black cats are the leapord (which we have a posted pic of on the previous page) and a jaguar. So which is it? A leapord that swam the ocean from Africa or a jaguar that walked from South America to Mississippi? Please tell me.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 2 Lunger
Wait a minute. Isn't the florida panther a subspecies of the eastern cougar? That would make it a brown or tawny colored animal not black. And before you tell me is a black phase cougar do some research. There is no such thing. The only known black cats are the leapord (which we have a posted pic of on the previous page) and a jaguar. So which is it? A leapord that swam the ocean from Africa or a jaguar that walked from South America to Mississippi? Please tell me.
I know that is what the scientists say and you can read that all day long on the internet, and what else I can tell you is what I have personally witnessed in this country and what I have seen in the wild in this country are Black panthers. How they got here that I could not tell you... maybe a pet that got loose I do not know how the ones I personally saw in the wild got here, I do know what they were at 10 yards and they were not dogs. Like I said earlier my state game dept. Says there are no mountain lions in Kansas which is wrong I have seen them... I am certified in mountain lion identification by the Colorado Division of Wildlife you have got to be certified to hunt them in Colorado. Just sayin! These could be dogs I did not see them in person. But I don't go by what people tell me .... I go by what I see, and I have seen black panthers in this country. I don't care if "THEY" say they are here or not.
Live it up! Doug
Old 09-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well you best get certified in black panther recognition because thats two black dogs and one is cold nosing the other.......
Old 09-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

A cougar I will believe all day long. As we have had 5 confirmed cats in the state of IL. in the last 10 years. It's just that there has never been one confirmed story of a black panther. Not even one photo, no carcuss, no nothing. As many people who have seen them you would think something would have came up in the history of this country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.