Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Dipping Wintergreen while deer hunting? >

Dipping Wintergreen while deer hunting?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dipping Wintergreen while deer hunting?

Old 09-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Spike

im a grizzly wintergreen dipper and ive always asked myself the same question. the other day i was dippin and had 9 deer come within 20 yards. i think it just varies on how jittery those particular deer are at the time. if theyre on edge, then anything will spook em. the only deer i saw that kept stickin their noses in the air were two fawns that came into my bait and i was surprised bc i do the scentless shower, scentless clothes wash, scentless deoderant, scentless spray and this year i actually bought a brand new scentlok suit so it did make me wonde if they smelled the dip.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

Dipping is bad for you....so I smoke
Old 09-17-2010, 01:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've killed some of my biggest deer dipping cop longcut. It's weird no dip no deer. I had my wife out 2 nights ago. She said there isn't gonna be any deer coming out tonight. I said watch, and I put a dip in and wow 10 mins later 4 bucks came out into a powerline cut. I'm telling ya it's my goodluck charm.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Maryland_Whitetail
Dipping is bad for you....so I smoke
Smokings just as bad as dipping........spit
Old 09-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Put some Apple to the test today. Spot and stalk, open country muleys, archery. Got inside 50 yards on several today.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Spike

On one of my hunts I had my buddy film me from the tree next to mine. He was dipping and spitting. The deer actually followed the scent to the tree. Once at the tree the deer started licking the tree where his spit had landed. It was cool stuff and we have it all on video to back it up.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Spike

i chew just about everything,most of the time it is longhorn wintergreen(cheapest).i also i have had deer lick the spit off the ground and even eat the ones i have threw on the ground.Something i do is when i go out scouting in the summer i take a can and spread it around on the ground by my stand so that way when the season starts that is kinda of a normal smell to them.i dont know if it works that way or not but i do it any way.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Spike

yall gotta get on the grizzley wintergreen longcut train! 3 bucks a can, taste yummy. i wont be dippin in my stand because its my first season. gotta do the best a newbie can do lol
Old 09-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Spike

where i live longhorn is $1.81 after tax
Old 09-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default chewing

Not really sure but I did shot a doe while my dad was smoking a cig. I think the only reason that may have happend though is because dogs were on her tall. I often wandered if there were no dogs would we have ever seen her.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.