Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Guilty Feelings

Old 09-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sprintflyer
IMO? It means "in my opinion" if that's the question.
Yes I know. I was asking Stealth about his signature! Sorry for the confusion.
Live it up! Doug
Old 09-12-2010, 03:46 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sprintflyer
I guess guilt may not have been the best choice of words but I do feel somthing. Not sure what you call it.
I think what I feel is similar, and I call it being humble.

From Merriam Webster dictionary:
Definition of HUMBLE

: not arrogant or assertive

: reflecting, expressing, or offered in a spirit of deference or submission

Does this help describe that feeling? It's a moment of reflection and gratitude for me. Often I say a prayer after a successful hunt. And I pray after being unsuccessful too! Just a little bit different emotion behind it.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never felt any guilt, remorse, sadness or anything I consider a negative emotion after a clean kill.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

It's not really a negitive emotion. So hard to exsplain. Maybe just a thought? I guess if you don't feel it you may never know. I've seen so many posts about this exact topic over the years and I haven't posted because I couldn't get my point across. Not a big deal. Good luck to all.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't feel the least built guilty cause I know it was a an animal
I wanted to kill.The first thing I do when it drops is, hoop and hollar shake hands, hug,you know kind of things you see pro athletes and gay guys do. Than run over make sure it's dead, light a cigar,crack open a beer take a bunch of pics and than gut it.Even if it's a bad kill I don't say much it is what it is. The best is when I took my buddies nephew with me. he never shot a deer before and he killed a monster that day.The first thing I did was give him a gift, a knife when he shot one of the biggest mulies Ive seen.He was 17, did all the gay stuff, gave him a cigar and a beer to celebrate took a crap load of pics. Than while he and I were gutting I dipped my fingers in blood and marked his face with it just under each side of his eyes and took some more pics.Apparently, he didn't wash his face for two days.He was proud and I was proud of him.I had that buck mounted for him he is his young 20's now Im 39 his parents have told me it couldn't have gone better.It was awsome.No guilt what so ever wouldn't change a thing.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 09-12-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can't say I have ever felt guilt over killing any animal I was hunting.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

how can you question him comparing us to wolves? wolves hunt to eat, we hunt to eat. Although we dont have to hunt to survive like a wolf its nice to feel like you provided in a way more than going to the grocery store. Also I save a lotta money since I havent bought ground beef in years! And the feeling of guilt should be wiped out when you think of what you have really done, you have helped in managing the popultaion and also provided food for your family.

Im with ya doug
Old 09-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kyslayer
how can you question him comparing us to wolves? wolves hunt to eat, we hunt to eat. Although we dont have to hunt to survive like a wolf its nice to feel like you provided in a way more than going to the grocery store. Also I save a lotta money since I havent bought ground beef in years! And the feeling of guilt should be wiped out when you think of what you have really done, you have helped in managing the popultaion and also provided food for your family.

Im with ya doug
Yea Kyslayer some folks just don't get it. Have a great season
Live it up! Doug
Old 09-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

I guess I'm one of them. This post was directed at me and seems to be snowballing. In case you didn't see my original reply it was directed at a young man deciding if he wanted to hunt with a bow. I have neve participated in an argument on this board and have no plans to now.

Ks, in looking back at some of your posts you Sir come off as somewhat derogatory in nature. While no expert, my trade has taught me I need to look at other points before making an informed decision. I don't feel you have given me this consideration.

Are you folks telling me when you make a bad shot, and we ALL have or will sometime in our hunts, you don't feel the least bit of compasion? Just for a fleeting instant? I find that to be somwhat baffling but also dissettling. I would think basic human nature would prevail.

The first deer I ever killed I spine shot and had to use a second arrow to do what I had so poorly attempted to do. In that brief few seconds I did feel guilt. Not overwhelming but some for a fleeting second. I think if we look back at our first kill you might see the same thing to varing degrees.

With that being said I am done with this subject. I've been a member here for several years and don't agree with some folks and I'm sure they don't see everything my way either. That's what places such as our beloved forum are for.

I made the above statments and will steadfastly stand behind them because I beleve in my values. Life is a gift from God. As for being campaired to wolves, I wish not to be lumped into the catagory because I am human and have a consious and abillity to reason.

I truley wish each and every one of you a safe season and sucessfull season indifferant of your stance on this topic. I do respect both sides but wanted to explain why I feel the way I do.

Shane
Old 09-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

Wow! I forgot to spellcheck! Sorry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.