Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Butchering your own

Old 09-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Spike

Default Butchering your own

Just curious how many out there will be butchering their deer themselves this year. I'll start ... I definitely will be. I've read the tutorials, watched my wife's uncle do it and watched some other videos on it and figure why not - if I make some bad cuts, I'll just grind those up (unless their my fingers )
Old 09-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

We've always done our own. One of my earlies memories was getting caught "boxing" a deer that was hanging in our garage. I saw the Rocky movie where he's training in the cooler and figured I might as well haha. Dad wasn't so happy. But my dad and I cut up between 5-10 every year. Between my grandpa, dad, my sister, my uncle and I. We get lots of butchering in. Just take your time, don't rush it. And follow your guides, it's an easy process. Good luck!
-Jake
Old 09-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do my own as well
Old 09-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

I have been cuting my deer up for awhile now. Once you have done a few it becomes almost second nature. I like doing it myself because i know im geting my deer and how it was taking care of after the hunt. I have heard a lot of horror stories about processing places
Old 09-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Spike

I did it myself last year and it came out just fine. Can't see paying someone else to do something you are capable of doing for free.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

We do our own. Skinning, boning, burger, chip steak, sausage, etc. I just like knowing the meat I eat is my deer.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I started doing my own last year. Everything turned out fine, and it was actually alot of fun.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Fork Horn

we do our own on my farm, 30 min per deer, walk in the park. We dont even gut usualy, just hang, cape to the neck, backstrap, loin, shoulder, ham, and done.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have done my own for a few years now, and as several have said here, it ain't nothin to do.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

I've always done my own, and, my friends bring theirs to me. Don't know no other way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.