Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Insect Repelant Sheets

Old 07-08-2003, 11:40 AM

Default Insect Repelant Sheets

....Not bed sheets. My girlfriend brought home a little camo package yesterday with these insect repelant sheets in it. Forget the name, I' ll get it to you later, it was like Straight Shot or something like that. Anywho, I was wondering if anyone had heard of them or tried them. It says for hunting and it has a " plesant" odor, I don' t know if that' s to me or to the deer. I don' t want to open it yet and break the seal but I' m worried about the smell and scaring deer. To use her logic " it' s in a camo pack so it CAN' T smell bad, right"

Any help or comments are appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Insect Repelant Sheets

Welcome aboard solax. I' ve tried the dryer sheets around the house but not hunting. I don' t know about the ones you got. If they smell like dirt or something they might be good, otherwise, I' d be wary.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:59 PM

Yeah, I' m gonna wait until hunting season to open em (they have liquid in them and I don' t want them to dry out) but I' m a little pessemistic since they don' t say " scent free" or anything. I used to use the dryer sheets but I wasn' t seeing anything, I think it' s because my fiance uses about 30 of the scented rain dryeer sheets and it' s just messing up my whole gig. I just let them air dry now.

BTW-I' ve been on this site a while but lost all of my posts a few months ago when they changed the format. Then my password wouldn' t work so I just got a new name. Just haven' t been writing much lately. Thanks for the welcome anyway!
Old 07-08-2003, 08:17 PM
nub

We should say welcome back then Solax. I' d open them up and start useing them now. You can always buy more. Where did she get them from?
Old 07-09-2003, 07:23 AM

Damn, I forgot to look at the name last night. She got them from a Plant Nursery/Feed Store, they don' t sell much hunting stuff so who knows.