Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Does anybody belong to a Hunting Camp? >

Does anybody belong to a Hunting Camp?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Does anybody belong to a Hunting Camp?

Old 08-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Spike

Default Does anybody belong to a Hunting Camp?

I know alot of people in my area hunt on private or public land but with developments and roads popping up all over the place, I have been thinking about looking into a camp. I have a few buddies that have property upstate and belong to a camp. They pay dues and have to do cleanup/maintenance work a few weekends a year. It would be nice to have a large amount of property to hunt with just a few guys but it would be hard driving 2 hours upstate everytime i want to be in the woods. Anybody have any experience? Please share. Thanks!!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

I have belonged to 2 hunt clubs, each a bad experience. 90% of the time too many members. you always have the guy that follows you, the rules this the rules that. The one I was in that was great but cost many dolla's. hard to swallow $1500 a year.

any chance you got a few buds and can lease your own place or if it's just you find your own 100-150 acre tract to lease.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

me, my dad, and granddad belong to a hunt club near us. we hunt about 450 acres that a buddy of ours owns. theres only 5 guys that hunt it including us.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by wis_rifle_hunter
me, my dad, and granddad belong to a hunt club near us. we hunt about 450 acres that a buddy of ours owns. theres only 5 guys that hunt it including us.
thats not really a club so to speak, you have it good, I have it good now I have 1200 acres my father inlaw and his brother own in which there is a maximum of 3-4 people hunting it at one time. the down fall is after all the local farmers get te crops out of the fields they start bustin out the dogs. which is kinda good cause it pushes new deer to my setups from miles away, but I am not big in the partaking of using dogs to run deer, I will do it when they let em out on our property cause my stand are not going to be productive.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was a member of a "club" when I lived in SC. We has access to 2200 acres. We were supposed to have work days and such but never really organized anything. I really enjoyed having unlimited access to that land and definitely got way more than my money's worth.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

I'm on a lease in Texas. Our club has 1600 ac. and 150 members. About 40 of us gun hunt and only 12 of us bow hunt. The rest pig hunt on the off season for deer! Lease is 3 hrs away now, I'm moving closer 2 hrs.
It is a year round lease, and lots of hogs.
As far as driving 2 hours away, be glad you arn't in texas, I might drive 1 hr for a good breakfast, Texas is a big state, and we do a lot of driving.