Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What Do You Feed/Bait Deer With? >

What Do You Feed/Bait Deer With?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What Do You Feed/Bait Deer With?

Old 08-26-2010, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question What Do You Feed/Bait Deer With?

What sort of bait/feed do you give the deer in your area that works the best?

I've spread out corn and saw that the deer ate it, but not as much as the chipmunks and ravens. LOL! There is a whole vast selection of commercial feed/bait that I see in bags at Gander Mountain and I got to thinkin' what works the best. ??

I buy corn by the 100lb bags, but is there something better than corn that works for you? It don't have to be for hunting, maybe just to feed them or for camera work.

What is working good in your area?

Is there a commercial feed/bait in a bag that is working well for you?

iSnipe
Old 08-26-2010, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

I'm not a deer hunter either, but I do hang feeders out all over my property for deer. I get a lot of deer, but I am getting a lot of raccoons, too. lol I don't buy corn by the bag. I buy by the bulk in 25 pound containers. It's a lot cheaper by the bulk. I like my cameras out just to see what's out in the wildlife.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Anytime you put out corn or most anything else you are going to feed crows, coyotes, squirrels, coons, fox, possums, turkeys and about any other critter in the woods. Just put out more corn.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by iSnipe
What sort of bait/feed do you give the deer in your area that works the best?

I've spread out corn and saw that the deer ate it, but not as much as the chipmunks and ravens. LOL! There is a whole vast selection of commercial feed/bait that I see in bags at Gander Mountain and I got to thinkin' what works the best. ??

I buy corn by the 100lb bags, but is there something better than corn that works for you? It don't have to be for hunting, maybe just to feed them or for camera work.

What is working good in your area?

Is there a commercial feed/bait in a bag that is working well for you?

iSnipe
iSnipe, Try pouring a strawberry soda on the corn.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

One thing you do is try mixing soybeans in with your corn. From my experience I don't get near the other animals eating them and leaves more for the deer. Not to mention they have about as high of protein content as you will find. Also, get your hands on some dried Distillers and mix that with the grain. You WILL see camera results by using distillers! Not to mention, if you can find it in your area, its only $5/50lb bag! Good luck
Old 08-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Spike

hey im bushbuck09 me and my dad go out hunting we use pears to drive our deer in tho it works rely good i had a chance at one but it got spooked
Old 08-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Corn seems the best out of that, apples, acorns or alfalfa. I tried the molasses corn as well and they seemed to like it no more than regular corn.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

Corn and salt.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

I put corn out in piles and feeders and the deer wont leave it alone, I also use Acorn Rage and they absolutely love it, however I don't have real acorns on my land. And I also use pears cuz i have access to pair trees... Hey NEBRbruiser where do you get soybeans at? I have a horrible time with coons...
Old 08-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

corn, peanut salt, peanuts, apples. and this year I have a couple of the acorn rage blocks that drop real acorns over time. they are going out prolly this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.