HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Permission question (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/328459-permission-question.html)

Down&OutHunting 08-25-2010 08:26 PM

Permission question

So guys my buddy called me tonight and asked me if he could possibly bow hunt some ground i have over by his house and i told him it wasnt a problem since we dont really hunt it, and then i asked him about some really good ground that he got permission to hunt last year and he told me that he was kinda in a predicament about it. I guess he asked permission to hunt and the guys wife told him that it would be no problem and that no one has hunted the tract in a good while. So he hunted it all last year. So last weekend he had a guy tell him that the ladies husband wasnt happy that he was hunting it because he didnt even have permission to hunt it. I told him to go ask the guy to keep hunting it but he is scared to approach the guy because he is a little two sided he either likes you or he doesnt and once your on his bad side there no getting off of it. He said he has run into the guy several times and he has said nothing so im not to sure what i would do in that situation what would some of you guys and girls do out there?

timbercruiser 08-25-2010 08:42 PM

In any situation you either have permission or you don't, and you may not have authority to tell someone else that they can also hunt the land. Your friend, or anybody else needs to have written permisssion showing they have permission to hunt and what the limitations of that permissison are: is is exclusive to the one hunter, can they carry others on the property, etc. It is best to have an exclusive lease with all hunting rights. Your question is a little vague as to if he has lawful permission to hunt the land..

noidurism 08-26-2010 03:37 AM

from what i get out of this the guy must be jealous or mad because he couldn't grt permission. your buddy should go talk to the both of them and get the permission in writting just so this situation won't happen again. i bet the wifes husband is ok with him hunting there, if not he would have said something.........

UncleNorby 08-26-2010 04:45 AM

Some "guy" tells your buddy the husband isn't happy? Bet this guy wants to hunt there himself. Your buddy needs to approach the owners just to renew his permission. I do that every year and owners are happy to hear from me. No mention of the other guy should be made.

jrbsr 08-26-2010 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Down&OutHunting (Post 3670043)
So guys my buddy called me tonight and asked me if he could possibly bow hunt some ground i have over by his house and i told him it wasnt a problem since we dont really hunt it, and then i asked him about some really good ground that he got permission to hunt last year and he told me that he was kinda in a predicament about it. I guess he asked permission to hunt and the guys wife told him that it would be no problem and that no one has hunted the tract in a good while. So he hunted it all last year. So last weekend he had a guy tell him that the ladies husband wasnt happy that he was hunting it because he didnt even have permission to hunt it. I told him to go ask the guy to keep hunting it but he is scared to approach the guy because he is a little two sided he either likes you or he doesnt and once your on his bad side there no getting off of it. He said he has run into the guy several times and he has said nothing so im not to sure what i would do in that situation what would some of you guys and girls do out there?

I would say invite them both to a restruant of their choice, and take them out for dinner.
Then after you, and them have eaten, and are full.
Then approch the subject.
It just might break the ice, and make the man, put you on his good side.
And then he might give permission to hunt his land, and only cost the price of a dinner.

Good Luck.

JMHO

SJAdventures 08-26-2010 09:47 AM

Good idea to have written permission. That is also a good way to police the property of trespassers who are going to tell you they have permission too if stopped. If they don't have written permission you will know they're full of it and send them on their way.

crokit 08-26-2010 12:15 PM

Sounds like he's banging the wife.:p;)

Down&OutHunting 08-26-2010 02:28 PM

Well guys after my friend got off work me and him ran over to there house and she told us that her and her sister own the property and that her husband has no say on who gets to hunt it. I had my friend type up a contract for her to sign giving him permission and to state that she wouldnt be responsible for any accidents. She thought that was a great thing I then stepped in and asked her if there was any work we could do for her and all she asked was for us to cut and split firewood for her so she wouldnt have to hear her husband complain about having to do it. But the other good thing is not only did my buddy get permission she also gave me permission to hunt also.