Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Who videos their Hunts?

Old 08-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Spike

Default Who videos their Hunts?

Hey guys, I am new to this site. I have been hunting my entire life and it is a huge passion of mine. I live in MS and hunt hard here, but I also hunt in the mid west and have hunted out west too.

I started videoing a few years ago and have gotten somewhat addicted to it. The first week I started I was in Illinois on an archery hunt and managed to film myself killing a P&Y 9 point. Then hunted all week and got a couple of doe kills on video. Drove home just in time for the youth hunt and was able to film my 6 year old daughter killing her first and second deer in the same day. It has been really good when hunting with kids, but I have also enjoyed it hunting by myself too. Here are some of my videos, check all 8 of them out and let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sibbyu2007

Ok, I just saw that it shows that I became a member here in 2007, but I didn't really do much then and forgot that I was on here then. So I am not brand new, but newly returned.

Last edited by Sibbyu; 08-23-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Spike

Its always good to video tape kids hunts...Memories are everything...thx for shareing.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

during rifle season if I hunt out of a shooting house, I usually set my Vid Camera on the window next to my rifle. If I am in the woods by myself I don't mess with it, I would hate to mis my oportunity fumbling with a camera. I do some buddy hunts on occasion and we film each other. that's about the extent of my hollywood career.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

I try to film my hunts. I have a camera mount attached to my climber. I've never had it cause an issue. My camera was broke last year and I was hoping to get an HD camera this year but building my house has consumed a lot of finances. I plan to do it again as soon as I can afford a camera.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

we've been filming since i want to say 2006. i love it, and i consider myself a "camera man before a hunter". i know people say this all the time but i feel it makes you a better hunter if you can get your game on tape and study them, killing one is just a bonus.

as for your videos, i think they are very good. i was wondering what editing software you used?

good job and happy hunting!
Storm
Old 08-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

I do film my hunts ,and it is difficult to manage both the camera and getting the shot on film at the same time. I'm just using my Sony Handycam and my Samsung camcorder on a Gorrilla camera arm right now. But I was looking to get one of the Epic bow mounted compact SD cameras to mount to my vertical bow and rifle. Are they worth it? Video quality?
Old 08-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by StormDogOutdoors
as for your videos, i think they are very good. i was wondering what editing software you used?

good job and happy hunting!
Storm
I am using the Cyberlink Powerdirector. It is pretty user friendly and only costs about $50 or $60 I think.

Thanks for the comments, do you have any of your videos online that we can watch?
Old 08-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by mcraddock
I do film my hunts ,and it is difficult to manage both the camera and getting the shot on film at the same time. I'm just using my Sony Handycam and my Samsung camcorder on a Gorrilla camera arm right now. But I was looking to get one of the Epic bow mounted compact SD cameras to mount to my vertical bow and rifle. Are they worth it? Video quality?
The footage that I have seen from those is not that great, but that could have been an early camera, I don't know. There was way too much vibration during and after the shot. Just my opinion.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:40 AM
Spike

This will be my first year hunting...well, I have gone with the hubs but this year I have my hunters safety course done and now have my own BOW!! yay!
Troy (my hubby) has been a fanatic about filming his hunts for years and last year we were actually able t to put together our own dvd. We were blown away with the success of it....I think because we are just normal guys hunting normal land....no leases or anything. We are big on suburban hunting in Maryland....right outside washington dc for the most part. Anyway...we just put out our second dvd this last week and have had great reviews....shhewww.
anyway...I CAN NOT wait to get out there this season and video some myself.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Spike

I just found these a couple of weeks ago and thought you guys would appreciate them. They are sunglasses that have a built in camera for filming your hunt, called iKam video sunglasses. It could give you a eye sight angle. Any ways thought they were pretty sweet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.