HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Not the biggest buck I have ever taken.(new PICS) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/3283-not-biggest-buck-i-have-ever-taken-new-pics.html)

sour01 01-26-2002 06:43 PM

Not the biggest buck I have ever taken.(new PICS)

Only 5 days left in the season and this 6 point walked out in front of me one too many times.

I first saw him after a doe ran out beside me. He followed right behind, and the two played ring around the rosie in and out of the woods for 10 mins. I then saw him in tall grass walking in front of me about 75 yards. I had not decided to shoot yet---but he went behind some trees and I finally saw him ease into the woods.

I was watching over a food plot for the next 45 mins. It was 20 mins after sunset and nothing had come out. Then I saw what I though was a big doe enter the food plot. When I looked with my binoculars---it was the 6 point. One too many times. I shot and he dropped in his tracks.

I have some digital pictures if someone can tell me how to post them. Not the biggest buck---but at least I have something to show for the season.

Edited by - drache on 01/27/2002 10:00:39

Tree climber 01-26-2002 06:53 PM

RE: Not the biggest buck I have ever taken.(new PICS)

congrats on the 6pt.

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.

Ruger-Redhawk 01-26-2002 07:04 PM

Congrats to you too bad for the 6 point.Sounds like you gave him many chances. Ruger Redhawk

KoBear 01-26-2002 07:05 PM

congrats on the six pointer

tschaef 01-26-2002 07:38 PM

Congrats on the buck,
some day I'll live somewhere that lets you hunt this time of year.

Cowboy9470 01-26-2002 08:14 PM

Congratulations. If these deer were so smart, we'd hear more stories about 10 pointers instead of 6 pointers that don't know when to hide out. Good job on the clean kill.

Deleted User 01-26-2002 08:39 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

halcon 01-26-2002 11:00 PM

Congrats on the buck ,I know a lot of guys that didn't fill this year .

buckhunter3 01-26-2002 11:42 PM

Congrats on your buck sourO1.Maybe not your biggest,but something to keep you going untill next year.

kshunter 01-26-2002 11:52 PM

Congrats on the deer, sounded like you had a great hunt.
Visit My Hunting Page