Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Story about my 2004 buck

Old 08-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah as far as seeing anything like that, it is remote. That one you got is one of a kind for sure.But it's possible to get another big body high scoring rack,after all you are going back to a Provence and area that has genitatically big animals so that's in your favor.Has The guy showed you any pics of big deer either harvested or sightings since you've been there last?
Just remember it doesn't matter how good you are, experience and knowledge help, but it's all about being at the right place at the right time.I havn't shot a buck since 2004.I saw one monster buck a couple of years ago that was as big as the one I killed in 2004 and probebly would have netted much higher in scoring.But that's the only deer I've been interested in killing since that year.Mind you I have gotten a few moose and elk over the course of this dry deer hunting hunting spell. Anyways all the best to you.I'm suppose to be off hinting over the labour day weekend but the whole caribou region in my province is pretty much up in flames.My town is full of smoke.
I won't be the least bit surprised if ministry of forests and ministry of
wildlife close all backyard camping, hiking and hunting this week.The last thing they want is to be evacuating hikers campers hunters off every mountain at a huge cost to taxpayers.Oh well see what happens.Anyways good luck this year DD.
Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 08-21-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Jeff Ovington
Yeah as far as seeing anything like that, it is remote. That one you got is one of a kind for sure.But it's possible to get another big body high scoring rack,after all you are going back to a Provence and area that has genitatically big animals so that's in your favor.Has The guy showed you any pics of big deer either harvested or sightings since you've been there last?
Just remember it doesn't matter how good you are experience and knowledge help but it's all about being at the right place at the right time.I havn't shot a buck since 2004.I saw one monster buck a couple of years ago that was as big as the one I killed in 2004 and probebly would have netted much higher in scoring.But that's the only deer I've been interested in killing since that year.Mind youdisUSed have gotten a few moose and elk through this dry deer hunting spell.
Anyways Im sure you are due and all the best to you.
I'm suppose to be off hinting over the labour day weekend but the whole caribou region in my province is pretty much up in flames.
My town is full of smoke.
I won't be the least bit surprised if ministry of forests and ministry of
wildlife close all backyard camping, hiking and hunting this week.The last thing they want is to be evacuating hikers campers hunters off every mountain at a huge cost to taxpayers.Oh well see what happens.Anyways good luck this year DD.
Well Jeff thats why we keep going back ..there is always that chance ..man I hate to hear about your fires there I know thats got to be a bummer. Ive not shot a buck since 07 ..the one I took in Kentucky ...I use to wack them pretty good every year but I guess Im just not as mad at them as I use to be :>) ...Jeff good luck to you my friend.

dd
Old 08-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

That is a HOG DD! I've never seen mass like that before. There was a guy who took one off of our land like that a few years back (scored in the upper 170's) but not that big. They grow them big up north don't they? Hopefully I'll see one like that in Kansas this year.

This one was killed about 80 miles from my house. Gives me hope that a real monster is out there:

Only one more month til muzzleloader and bow season open up!

Last edited by MO-KS_hunter; 08-21-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

if you have been a member for awhile you probley have seen enough pics of him

I've seen it a few times That's OK, we hunters like to show off our trophies.

I thought you moved to Kentucky. Did you move to MD?
Old 08-24-2010, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
[/b]

I've seen it a few times That's OK, we hunters like to show off our trophies.

I thought you moved to Kentucky. Did you move to MD?
Barnes yes I have moved up to Maryland close to Frederick ...and yep we do enjoy telling our stories and showing the results of a lot of work ....thats what helps make hunting ...hunting!!

dd
Old 08-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're only about 2.5 to 3 hours from me now.

Do you hunt locally there? If you take 81 south an hour or so you're in some great mountain country.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe I'll see you in AB this year.