HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Pa archery hunters: sound off (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/328089-pa-archery-hunters-sound-off.html)

BigKepSWPA 08-21-2010 12:12 AM

Pa archery hunters: sound off

Although we are still more than a month out...

Let's keep this thread going until the end of our season.

Deer movement in all regions, wmu's, counties etc are appreciated.

I'm getting the jitters already. Been spotting/scouting like no other!

Good luck everyone!

BarnesX.308 08-21-2010 05:01 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Been seeing more deer than ever this year. Mostly doe & fawn though. 3B and 5C.

Running two trail cams since mid-July.

Food plots: clover in one field and turnips in another. A few mini plots in the woods.

I also planted 4 apple trees in the woods this spring.

Over the winter, we kept the deer fueled up with alfalfa bails.

I have high hopes for 2010.

A couple survivors of the 2009 season.

penninside08 08-21-2010 09:40 AM

here in 5a we are seeing alot of does and fawns...a lot more shooter bucks than last year but the size isn't quite as big (but there are more)

Movement seems to be a little slow but i think things will start to pick up here soon.

fingerz42 08-21-2010 11:18 AM

3A.. we basically have no deer left. You can go out in the woods for a week and not see a deer. Hell I've gone spotting a few times and the most I've seen on about a 15 mile trip was 6-8 deer total.

ropaque 08-21-2010 05:35 PM

5d here, ive been seeing alot of deer so far this summer. had them in the backyard mid day. bucks are moving together. can't wait for the season antlerless only archery opens sept 19th. im hoping its a good season. good luck to all.

4evrhtn 08-21-2010 05:58 PM

Had 3 nice buck (120" +) on cam during all hours of the day up until this month. Now, they are coming in every night at numerous times between 10pm till 5am. I will hunt 4 full days-before light till dark, if I don't see the big boys during the first week I will let the area go until the rut and hope to catch them chasing the does that are coming in every few hours all day long. The area is 4C Private Land.

BigKepSWPA 08-24-2010 12:56 AM

Here in 2a I've seen more/bigger bucks while spotting than I have in years past. In a field with 1 shooter (120+) I'm now seeing 2, and more does and fawns as well. The only thing I've noticed, and this may differ from other parts of the state) is the age of fawns in comparison to years past is generally a lot younger for this time of year. Maybe because of the epic blizzard we had ? I don't know. Hopefully mother nature is kind to the little ones and they make it through this coming winter.

Also, anyone have any criticism on full metal jacket shafts? I'm shooting Easton accs right now, but I'm thinking about switching ...

Cheers!

vipermike98 08-24-2010 11:21 AM

2B - In Velvet and Waiting for Opening Day

I have been spotting every night for the past two months. I have located four different buck all over the 140" class. One is well into the 170" class, but if it is like last year, he will not be seen during the season. These buck are al located on public land (State Game Lands). This makes it very difficult to get close once small game comes in, but last year I got close and harvested a 147" at 17 yards. That was more than most likely my first and last chance to get a trophy animal from 2B. Happy Hunting.

Mike

BigKepSWPA 08-24-2010 03:16 PM

Well, hopefully you'll be posting pics of that 170" sometime in October or November.

I know there are a ton of good bucks on the State Game Lands right off of 22 between Burgettstown and Imperial. Im hunting 2a near Avella at the West Virginia border.

I'm getting ready to head out there right now to do some scouting this evening.

I'll report how it goes later on.

PaJack 08-25-2010 05:30 AM

Here,this will make it easier...:s2:

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...min=&sec=&p0=0