Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Black bear munching on big buck >

Black bear munching on big buck

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Black bear munching on big buck

Old 08-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Spike

Default Black bear munching on big buck

This image was taken on Skyline Drive in VA.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1791654076

There are some follow up pics on there too.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:18 AM
Typical Buck

Wait until the trail hikers see this

Do you know what section of the Shenandoah National Park these pics was taken?

Thanks,
Old 08-19-2010, 05:12 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by haystack
Wait until the trail hikers see this

Do you know what section of the Shenandoah National Park these pics was taken?

Thanks,
The guy who is friends with the ranger was from Woodstock. I assume it was up on the drive near the Luray or Front Royal entrance, but am looking for full details. Will let you know when I get them.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

great, the bears are killin the deer, guess we should exterminate them now, just like the wolves, and yotes, and bob cats...bears can also attack you and your kids
Old 08-19-2010, 05:20 AM
Spike

Cool picture, but sucks that it took down such a nice deer.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:37 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
great, the bears are killin the deer, guess we should exterminate them now, just like the wolves, and yotes, and bob cats...bears can also attack you and your kids
I think the buck was hit by vehicle but am trying to get the full details of it.

Predation is a part of the cycle. Obviously in some places it needs to be tamed, especially with coyotes.

Black bears run from humans. They are rarely aggressive and usually it is only if they feel their cubs are being threatened. I haven't heard of a black bear attack in VA ever, but I am sure it has happened. Always respect the animal.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was thinking that the buck was probably hit by a vehicle as well. Probably broke its hip or spine farther back so it can't stand up. What a shame, thats a pretty nice buck.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:31 AM
bwd
Spike

Wow! I'm also thinking that buck got hit by a car first. Never heard of a bear killing a deer before. It must've been injured.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

uh yea... bear looks kinda small... and being right on the road edge...
Old 08-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by HuntersClub.com

Black bears run from humans. They are rarely aggressive and usually it is only if they feel their cubs are being threatened. I haven't heard of a black bear attack in VA ever, but I am sure it has happened. Always respect the animal.
Don't fool yourself, a black bear has been involved in more human attacks than grizzlies. The reason being you have people feeding black bears more frequently and in more areas and they lose their fear of humans when they are eating out of garbage cans and bait piles near residences. We have a ton of black bear here in Pa, and while alot of times they will run I have also on numerous times have had bear challenge me. When cubs are around obviously they are protective but I have had lone adults walk right towards me at a range close enough that even with poor eyesight they could still see me. Raising up on their back feet and slamming their front paws on the ground and making a grunting/woofing sound. Don't assume a black bear is any less dangerous by nature than any other, maybe not as strong or big as a grizz but a bear is a bear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.