Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ted Nugent Busted

Old 08-27-2010, 08:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

It's not like Ted is running from this. He manned up, admitted he was wrong, apologized, and paid the fine...

From his website:

From Ted Nugent:

To my Fellow Outdoorsmen.... You may have read the news that I pled no contest to two misdemeanor game violations. I should have been better informed, more aware and I take full responsibility. The honorable hunting lifestyle is my deepest passion.
-Ted Nugent
Old 08-27-2010, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iSnipe
I don't get cable or satellite, so I only saw him through a video tape I have of him hunting... that and know a little of him through write-ups, a video and the hunting magazines.

I'm willing to bet quite a bit of my own money that many of you **** **** haven't done chit compared to Nuge in regards to helping the hunting community and it sickens me to see a bunch of ****'* hammer him like you're all high and mighty. Well, I got something for yah and that is unless you've reached DEEP into your own pockets and shelled out some real coin and done as much as Ted, then maybe you have a leg to stand on when you knock on him... but until then, shut the **** up.

iSnipe
No wonder you love Nugent. You come from the same school of profanity as he does. Some of you will defend him until no end! I feel sorry for you boys. You apparently have NO idea how a human being should act and carry themselves in front of others. Acting like a barbarian gets you NOWHERE in this world, this I can assure you!
Old 08-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Steve863
No wonder you love Nugent. You come from the same school of profanity as he does. Some of you will defend him until no end! I feel sorry for you boys. You apparently have NO idea how a human being should act and carry themselves in front of others. Acting like a barbarian gets you NOWHERE in this world, this I can assure you!
Now, to be fair... I've never heard profanity on Spirit of the Wild, and, the guy is a rock star, acting like a "barbarian" is a role he plays (and I would say that the joy on his face when he takes game is no more barbaric than that look of bloodthirsty insanity that crosses Stan Potts' face when he makes a kill.... YES!!!!) and, playing that role got Ted millions of dollars, ranches in Michigan and Texas, and the ability to hunt anywhere in the world he wants to hunt.... Perhaps you should qualify your statement to "Acting like a barbarian gets you NOWHERE in this world, unless you play a really mean guitar..."
Old 08-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ipscshooter
It's not like Ted is running from this. He manned up, admitted he was wrong, apologized, and paid the fine...

He manned up????
He got busted! He admitted he was wrong, BECAUSE HE WAS.
He paid the fine, because HE HAD TO!
I don't see your point, how is he going to run from it, become a fugitive????

He's nothing but a black eye on the whole hunting community.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by SuperRedHawk
He manned up????
He got busted! He admitted he was wrong, BECAUSE HE WAS.
He paid the fine, because HE HAD TO!
I don't see your point, how is he going to run from it, become a fugitive????

He's nothing but a black eye on the whole hunting community.
Geeze dude... "Running from it" is a metaphor.

He could have played it like a typical Democrat... "It was the guide's (Bush's) fault"

Instead, he said "I should have been better informed. I take full responsibility."
Old 08-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got the metaphor, but when you're breaking game laws on television, there is'nt much else you can say.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

"Acting like a barbarian gets you NOWHERE in this world, unless you play a really mean guitar..."
So are you telling us that we can all act like barbarians around people(since it made Nugent a rock star after all!), and at the same time tell them that we are also hunters?? Yeah, that will get us respect from the many people out there who know very little about hunting and hunters. Always better to act like a civilized human being if you want some respect and have folks take you seriously. If you have long shaggy hair and a crazed look on your face you are starting out with two strikes against you from the get go. I'm really sorry you boys can't seem to figure this out. Take any game warden or cop out there. I will bet you any money that they would be more suspicious of someone who looks like Nugent before they would someone else who is clean cut and looks like a half-way decent human being. If you look uncivilized, chances are reasonable that you actually may not be.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

He COULD have said "I was on this guy's ranch, he put out the C'mere Deer. He told me it was OK to use the C'mere Deer. I assumed that he knew the rules applicable to his ranch. I understand that there is strict liability for the violation and I'm paying the fine, but it was his fault." That's a little different from "I take full responsibility."
Old 08-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Steve863
So are you telling us that we can all act like barbarians around people(since it made Nugent a rock star after all!), and at the same time tell them that we are also hunters??
No, not all of us. It wasn't just "acting like a barbarian" that made Nugent a rock star. How well do you play the guitar?

Yeah, that will get us respect from the many people out there who know very little about hunting and hunters. Always better to act like a civilized human being if you want some respect and have folks take you seriously. If you have long shaggy hair and a crazed look on your face you are starting out with two strikes against you from the get go. I'm really sorry you boys can't seem to figure this out. Take any game warden or cop out there. I will bet you any money that they would be more suspicious of someone who looks like Nugent before they would someone else who is clean cut and looks like a half-way decent human being. If you look uncivilized, chances are reasonable that you actually may not be.
I'm not sure that barbarian is the right word. What is it that he does, precisely, that seems "barbaric" or "uncivilized" to you? You've cited "long hair" and a "crazed look." Does it have to be those two in combination? Because the look Stan Potts gets is WAAAAY more "crazed" than any I've ever seen on Ted's. To me, Ted's "crazed look" is more akin to unrestrained joy, kinda like a kid in a toy store. And those good ol' boys on Duck Commander/Buck Commander are quite a bit shaggier than most any rocker I've ever seen...
Old 08-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

No, not all of us. It wasn't just "acting like a barbarian" that made Nugent a rock star. How well do you play the guitar?

I'm not sure that barbarian is the right word. What is it that he does, precisely, that seems "barbaric" or "uncivilized" to you? You've cited "long hair" and a "crazed look." Does it have to be those two in combination? Because the look Stan Potts gets is WAAAAY more "crazed" than any I've ever seen on Ted's. To me, Ted's "crazed look" is more akin to unrestrained joy, kinda like a kid in a toy store. And those good ol' boys on Duck Commander/Buck Commander are quite a bit shaggier than most any rocker I've ever seen...

For your information, I studied classical guitar playing a good many years. A classical player could play circles around ANY rock star, most of whom can't even read music.

The difference between Nugent and Potts or any other hunter you may see on hunting shows is that NUGENT is known by many these days, and not only by hunters. Does the general public know Potts or your duck commanders, Bill Jordan, Craig Boddington?? NO way! Don't matter one iota what these guys look like. Nugent has chosen himself to be a spokesman for hunters and gun-owners and goes on non-hunting TV and radio programs that the rest of society watches ranting and raving his views. If you think that puts us in good standing with the non-hunting and non-shooting public, many of whom are NOT necessarily anti-hunting or anti-gun either, then you are obviously in need of a reality check and I surely won't waste my time trying to convince you otherwise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.