Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ted Nugent Busted

Old 08-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

He didn't get busted because of what he was doing. He got busted because of who he was. I don't use come'ere deer. Baiting aint legal in my state. Don't think I'd use it if I could because I just personally don't think its right. Not trying to offend but just my opinion.

Ted got busted because of who he was. All this stuff in the article about shooting an immature deer over bait. They probably wouldn't have been watching if it hadn't been Ted. And I just looked at the California DNR regulations and they call for atleast a forked horn (which I take to mean a spike buck) for a legal kill. Ted did the right thing. He was caught. He pleaded no contest to a bs charge and paid his fine. Thats all you can ask. Bad luck ted. Take your slap on the wrist and go on about your way.

As for all hunts being fenced. They've been doing it for years in hunting and fishing shows. One guy I don't think does it like that is Tred Barta. Check out his show.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tred Barta is only able to do some limited hunting now. He had a really bad spinal stroke and is wheelchair bound.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

He admitted to the mistake, pled no contest, paid his fine and didn't whine about it. I say he handled it like a man.

Game laws and their interpretation differ in many states and sometimes lead to confusion by the hunter. It's not like he was shooting elk from a helicopter or something serious like that. I think that calling him a poacher is excessive. He paid his fine, he's square with the state of California that should end it.

I dare say that everyone calling him a "poacher" here would be hard pressed to recite from memory, every single game law in their state. So, him not knowing that cmeredeer, or whatever it was, would be classified as bait is a forgivable sin, not a death sentence.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Spike

I still got your back Uncle Ted. All us blood brothers and hunters need to stick together in times like these. Otherwise the job of the anti-hunters and bush-hippies is that much easier. He got caught, for whatever reason, paid his fine and went on with life. Everyone makes mistakes, makes us human. I doubt if he knew he was breaking the law he would have continued, that would disrespect and demean everything he claims to believe in.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

If I'm reading the news reports correctly, Nugent was cited for taking a deer over bait, but it was the ranch owner who put out the C'mere Deer. Given the fact that he hunts all over the U.S., and around the world, it seems reasonable to me that Nugent would rely on the ranch owner regarding what is and what isn't legal in that location. Rules sometimes vary not just state to state, but, county to county.

From Ted's website:

From Ted Nugent:

To my Fellow Outdoorsmen.... You may have read the news that I pled no contest to two misdemeanor game violations. I should have been better informed, more aware and I take full responsibility. The honorable hunting lifestyle is my deepest passion.
-Ted Nugent
Old 08-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Plead no contest to 2 because they would drop the other 7.
Anyone eagerly seeking and embracing the role of sportmans spokesman and super law and order/no excuses has the responsibility to know the rules and abide by them to the letter. No "too busy" or "someone elses job" excuses. He admitted nothing until caught.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by IndyHunter83
And I just looked at the California DNR regulations and they call for atleast a forked horn (which I take to mean a spike buck) for a legal kill. Ted did the right thing. He was caught.

Regulations call for at least a forked antler. A spike is not a forked antlered deer, regardless of what you take to mean. Your saying Ted did the right thing by knowingly shooting a buck he knew was illegal? Maybe it's a stupid law in your opinion, but it is the law.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

we go hunting to other states,DONT WE READ RULES AND KNOW WHAT IS LEGAL?we are busy too.do we let someone else do something illegal?
no we dont. I WOULD NOT HUNT WITH PERSON LIKE THAT.to say ,oh someone else did it and i should have known.

i dont believe that stuff.just like chaney saying he was not drunk and shot lawyer.the real truth they were ROAD HUNTING ,drinking and jumped out to shoot a bird and lawyer got it.

to say that lawyer was shot at 30 yds etc, I DONT BY THAT ALSO.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Spike

IMO Ted Nugent has pushed way more people away from hunting than he has brought to hunting. I get embarrassed just watching his crazy a** on TV. Its a shame how Wadell and others kiss his butt too.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jl_dhunter
IMO Ted Nugent has pushed way more people away from hunting than he has brought to hunting. I get embarrassed just watching his crazy a** on TV. Its a shame how Wadell and others kiss his butt too.
+1 It is a darned shame how so many hunters are looking up to this guy. For what, I will never know. Doesn't say much for many hunters out there that is for sure. I guess they like the barbarian image Nugent helps promote. Absolutely NO way is this good for hunting. Then we worry about anti-hunters and such. No need, in my opinion. Just keep putting out the image that we are all one step above cave men and we will do ourselves in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.