Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
best way to attach posted signs? >

best way to attach posted signs?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

best way to attach posted signs?

Old 08-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default best way to attach posted signs?

What is the best way to attach posted signs. Tried plastic washes etc. And after 2 years I need to add more nails. I'm thinking of attaching to plywood and then to tree with one nail in the center so it can't grow and stretch against another nail. Thoughts other than posts?
Old 08-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

screw em to the tree with thick plexi glass, the tree will grow around it
Old 08-16-2010, 03:59 AM
Typical Buck

while it may be a little bothersome (every 2 yrs?) but at least you know the signs are still there and in good condition.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:03 AM
Fork Horn

best way is not to post it in the first place,,,,,,,,enough said
Old 08-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

not post it and let everyone reep the benefit of my food plots, management, thousands in taxes, etc, etc. sorry, but that's the dumbest answer i've ever heard.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Kirch
not post it and let everyone reep the benefit of my food plots, management, thousands in taxes, etc, etc. sorry, but that's the dumbest answer i've ever heard.
I agree. Must post your property. Will be much easier prosecuting poachers if you have it marked compared to nothing marked at all. Just put the sign on plywood and screw into a tree. They'll be fine. If after a couple years they move/fall then that just gives a guy an excuse to get back out to the property and hang a new one.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

I would check all of my signs at least twice a year. that way you know they are in good shape and readable. You can then replace/reapir any that need it. That way no one has an excuse for hunting on your property where you have permission and have done all your hard work. The extra effort will pay off.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

shooting out the inside of the letter "O" is a great deterrent
Old 08-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Posting a couple of signs is a good idea. Posting signs every 10ft makes you look like a city-come-to-the-country dude.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would check with the game warden and see what kind of spacing is needed in case you catch a trespasser. I use metal signs nailed to the tree with aluminum nails. That way, in the future, if someone were to try and saw lumber out of the tree the nails won't tear up the saws.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.