Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Win XP3 vs Fed Vital Shok

Old 08-05-2010, 01:10 AM
Spike

Default Win XP3 vs Fed Vital Shok

Anybody tried both the Win XP3 95gr and the Fed Vital Shok 85gr? I've got a .243 and was wondering which would be better for long range whitetail? Looks like the Win edges out the Fed by a little........ 59 fps at 400 yds and 157 ft/pounds at 400 yds. My rifle loves the Fed 85s and many people swear by them for whitetails. I've never shot the XP3s. I dont think that difference in velocity and energy would make much a difference. I dont know if the XP3s would be more accurate.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dont know how far your shooting when you say long range... I'm assuming past 200 yards...

I'd go with the heavier bullet...
Old 08-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default In the old days

........a good shot using ordinary hunting bullets did the job.

Of course now, we have these highly efficient and technical bullets that are used against deer wearing highly protective body armor. Why it's a wonder newbies can even harvest a deer, today.