Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Shooter or not? Opinions please. >

Shooter or not? Opinions please.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shooter or not? Opinions please.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:34 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by tight360
That middle one w/ the caption "backyard food plot last fall", tell me again why you "didn't" shoot it??? Neck is as big a thousand year old oak. Could swear I've seen that deer, have you posted that pic elsewhere?
I was hunting across the street in the river bottoms, my mom and sister snapped these pics
Old 08-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'd shoot any of them.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

He's sticking his tongue out at you, so you have to shoot him. He's feeling pretty confident! LOL!! On a serious note, I would shoot him any day.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only person that could really answer that would be you. So many variables, what part of the country, what youve killed in previous seaons, what youve been seeing scouting, hunting pressure on adjacent properties, etc ... hes got great genetics thats for sure
Old 08-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Spike

Thats a beauty. I'd personaly Take him and hang'em
Old 08-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Tasumin
Thats a beauty. I'd personaly Take him and hang'em
hey man ,, do you know much about bows?
Old 08-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Spike

not too much, i just started to bow hunt last year.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Nope. Too young. He looks bigger than he really is because he's in velvet. Soon you will have a more realistic look at what he really looks like and he will appear smaller.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Diesel77
The only person that could really answer that would be you. So many variables, what part of the country, what youve killed in previous seaons, what youve been seeing scouting, hunting pressure on adjacent properties, etc ... hes got great genetics thats for sure
Agreed, the standards for a "Shooter" are completely different around the country. You don't need us to tell you if we think if its a shooter or not. If its a good buck for you and you'd be proud to take him than that's all you need. If you'd be proud to take him than take him.

Seems like a lot of people are putting an emphasis on the size of a deer's antlers and what other people think than just going out and taking a deer that you are proud of. Go out, have fun and if a deer walks out that you would be proud to take then take him. Don't worry about what random internet posters would say, your the one that gets to admire him everyday on your wall. Good Luck!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would take him!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.