Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

FREE Rut Dates

Old 07-31-2010, 10:01 PM
Fork Horn

If you guys think I know what I am talking about, because I talk to a lot of other deer researchers, you might want to read my posts on Deer Sounds, and Deer Scents, because they could help you bring in the bucks you want this year. Remember - I am here to help.

God bless,

T,R,
Old 08-01-2010, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

What does the stars mean? I'm bowhunting Kentucky this year and would like to know. Thanks man! Also South Carolina if ya got it, thats where I do most of my hunting.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:25 AM
Fork Horn

Woods,
You are the second person to ask me abut all of those stars. I'll tell you what I told him. I' tell you, but then I would have to kill you... NO, they don't men anything, but if they are not there, ther wouldn' be any line, and it wouls look bad,

If you read all the commentary adn direction before you looke at the chart, you would learn somehting. It is there for a purpose. It says, that if you do not see dates for your state, it is because the deer managers did not have a good idea of when peak breeding occurred.

It also says to look at the state nearest to your location, because the deer have no idea where the state lines are at; which means that the deer in your state will breed at the same time as the deer in the next state.

I urge everyone of you to read all of the information on that page, because there is information there that will help you understand deer better, and how they act during the different phases of the rut.

I work very hard at trying to get you the most reliable and best information I can, so you get your animal.It has taken me 10 years of research to get wher I am, but most of you do not have that kind of time. So, I have to find ways for you to learn it faster, and I think I have done that. But, if you don't read about them, it won't do you any good.

God bless,

T.R.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:52 AM
Fork Horn

I was afraid you were gonna say that. Thanks! And awesome work btw bud.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks,

Exactly what state and what city do you hunt in?

I've been up all night workng on my bear research project, I did not see any bears during the night, because they won't go nocturnal until September, but I did see several nice bucks in velvet. And this moring, a buck scent checked a doe. Seems awful early, but it is Arkansas, so it is concievable a doe is in estrus now.

I'm getting antsy for the fall shows, so I can at least talk about hunting, and see lots of old friends, to find out how they did last year. Shows are work, but they are also fun...

I'll be giving a deer seminar at noon next Sunday. Adn trying to sell what hunts I have left.

God bless and good hunting,
T.R.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

How do you tell when they likely to breed? A buck will do his thing whenever he wants too.. Just like us guys. All of this data you have came from past years... well this year might be differant. The bucks might rut weeks earlier then last year, or weeks later.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pope94/IA
How do you tell when they likely to breed? A buck will do his thing whenever he wants too.. Just like us guys. All of this data you have came from past years... well this year might be differant. The bucks might rut weeks earlier then last year, or weeks later.
As he stated more than once, it's not HIS data; read the accompanying information on the web page to give you a better understanding.

By your logic, it shouldn't be unusual to find a buck banging a doe in March.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Pope94/IA
Bucks do not breed when they feel like it.That is not true. They breed when a doe is ready, not before and not after she is ready.

Does breed at approximately the same time each year, because if they breed too early in the spring the fawn may die of hypothermia, because it is too cold, or the fawn may die because it is too early to grow forage for the doe to produce milk, and the fawn dies of starvation. Or if it is born too late, it is too cold in the winter for the fawn to survive, and it dies of hypothermia.

Researchers in each state perform studies for several years to find out when the does breed, and they find that they breed at about the same time every year, so they know when the does breed. Then they give me the information, and I put it on the chart for guys like you, who want to know.

How did I do guys? Could you understand that?

I could get all scientific, but it would be harder to understand. If you didn't understand I'll try again.

By the way scientific research by me, and several other reserchers, has shown that the moon has nothing to do with the time of year that whitetail deer breed. I was the first person to fnd this out (with enough scientific data to be reliable) and the first person to write about it.

Repeat - the moon has nothing to do with peak breeding of white-tailded deer, or elk, or mule deer, antelope, moose or caribou.

Why would i lie to you, I'm not trying to sell you anything, so I can nothing by telling you this. But, if I am wrong, you guys will not believe anthing I say - anytime soon.

God bless and good hunting,

T.R.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by trmichels

But, if you looked at the chart, you will see that I found...
No, no. I don't look at charts. I make them for others to look at. Then I don't have to look at them. LOL!

Shoulda looked I guess.

Thanks.

iSnipe
Old 08-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

These two act like it's breeding season already....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.