Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What Is A "Hunting Expert"?

Old 07-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question What Is A "Hunting Expert"?

I see the new announcement about asking the expert. LOL! It got me to thinking, what is a "Hunting Expert"?

I've been hunting with shotguns, rifles and pistols, along with recurves and compounds for over 3 decades. Most of that time I've been self-employed(even as a child), so I played hooky from work more times than most. I feel Blessed to have been hunting that much and witnessing God's world He has created for us. With that said, I don't label myself as an "Expert", but I feel I've gained a lot of hunting knowledge in that time.

I don't necessarily consider someone who's written or have been in a magazine, book, a hunting show, expo or video to be an expert, although you can be one and be in one. LOL!

So, what's a "Hunting Expert" in your book? Do you feel you're a hunting expert?

iSnipe
Old 07-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

They call them PH's (professional hunters).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expert
Old 07-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Some one that knows what they are doing.

Like I am a Hunting Expert at, making mistakes. lol

I think all hunters are Hunting Experts to some extent.

JMHO
Old 07-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Most so called "experts" are usually anything but.

Ex (a former) spurt (a drip under pressure)
Old 07-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Typical Buck

A hunting expert would be someone with a high degree of skill or knowledge and widely recognized as a reliable source of information in the techniques associated with hunting. Also considered an authority in their field of expertise in this case would be hunting. After 40 years in the field I would say I'm an authority on the subject of tall tales....
Live it up! Doug
Old 07-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

A hunting expert has a different meaning on huntingnet. Here a hunting expert is anyone with the ability to use a search engine,( i.e. google) and then to be able to copy and paste.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iSnipe
I see the new announcement about asking the expert. LOL! It got me to thinking, what is a "Hunting Expert"?

I've been hunting with shotguns, rifles and pistols, along with recurves and compounds for over 3 decades. Most of that time I've been self-employed(even as a child), so I played hooky from work more times than most. I feel Blessed to have been hunting that much and witnessing God's world He has created for us. With that said, I don't label myself as an "Expert", but I feel I've gained a lot of hunting knowledge in that time.

I don't necessarily consider someone who's written or have been in a magazine, book, a hunting show, expo or video to be an expert, although you can be one and be in one. LOL!

So, what's a "Hunting Expert" in your book? Do you feel you're a hunting expert?

iSnipe
Based on the credentials you listed, I'd say you're a hunting expert.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm always learning something new...so I won't pass as an "Expert",but I'll do the best I can to help someone out and give an insight on what mistakes I have made and what works out in the field.

I have also heard the expression "Outstanding in their Field".....thats where You can usually find me when I'm Hunting,I'll be out standing in my field! LMAO
Old 07-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smile

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Based on the credentials you listed, I'd say you're a hunting expert.
I think from what others have chimed in on and said, many hunters here would be considered an expert. I know with archery I consider myself an expert and even then I still have much to learn.

I also think many would appreciate they too are experts in the hunting arena, but just feel a lack of confidence in saying so. I learn from rookies as well as "pros" and as long as people always keep their mind open to new ideas and are willing to put aside their ****** egos, they'd be better off. The diversified answers I see here at the forum are good because it sheds light on new ideas one may not have thought on their own.

iSnipe
Old 07-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by iSnipe
I think from what others have chimed in on and said, many hunters here would be considered an expert. I know with archery I consider myself an expert and even then I still have much to learn.

I also think many would appreciate they too are experts in the hunting arena, but just feel a lack of confidence in saying so. I learn from rookies as well as "pros" and as long as people always keep their mind open to new ideas and are willing to put aside their ****** egos, they'd be better off. The diversified answers I see here at the forum are good because it sheds light on new ideas one may not have thought on their own.

iSnipe

right on man!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.