Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
How important is your camo...really >

How important is your camo...really

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How important is your camo...really

Old 07-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Spike

I've had various camo patterns over the years and for me, it really hasn't made too much of a difference. When choosing a camo pattern, it was very important for the fabric to be soft, quiet and weather resistant. Other than that, I just love camo so I'd buy the one that I liked the best.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Buffinator
Frickin A. This is something I HAVE to try.

somebody did it coyote hunting....Google up coyote santa suit
Old 07-27-2010, 09:41 AM
Typical Buck

You couldn't pay me enough to wear anything with white on it the first day of deer rifle season.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keeping still is more important than camo. Camo is nice to break up your outline, especially if its an open pattern. Good camo may help you mask some movement, but I wouldnt want to make any unnecessary moves while on stand anyway. Now, some camo is extremely important, like my truck seat covers, every day hats, etc.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

When hunting on the ground I like to wear a jacket of one pattern and pants of a different pattern. With snow on the ground, it is important to wear at least a top that is a snow pattern.

In a tree, the best situation is a large tree that keeps you from making a silouette.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Camo could be important

And then again maybe not. It's like trying to figure out which half of your money is working; and the half that's not really working.

I'll admit I use some camo. Just not the kind that says "hunting camo." on the clothing labels. I like my camo too, for how good it wears in the woods. Nothing to do with the camo.

Of course, it's too hard to take camo overly serious when you have certain memories. Like the time this huge non-huntable doe stood staring at this big orange pumpkin in the open snowy area. Doe kept pawing at the ground, as this orange pumpkin stayed ramrod quiet, less than 20 yards away.

Thanks for reminding me of camo. I have some camo pants to try on this week for size fit. I've lost some 25 lbs, since I wore them last.

Last edited by Valentine; 07-29-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Spike

The deer don't see what I'm wearing in my stand, unless they can see through plywood.

I used to have a lucky hunting shirt (it was a white Las Vegas Hard Rock Cafe shirt). I had to retire it, it didn't become unlucky, but it became old and torn.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was still hunting in a blaze orange vest and hat, walking on a deer trail.
I saw 2 doe coming at me from 50 yards and I stood still. The lead doe literally almost walked into me. I was leaning against a tree but on the side she was coming from (full view of the deer) She was less than a yard when she stopped. She looked at me for a while then just slowly walked off.

I had nothing breaking up my orange pumpkin suit
Old 08-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

scent and movement clothing optional
Old 08-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

clothing optional? You must not have as many briars in your woods as we do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.