HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   What Do You Think of this Buck? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/325949-what-do-you-think-buck.html)

BarnesX.308 07-15-2010 08:36 AM

What Do You Think of this Buck?

2 Attachment(s)
This was last year. How old do you think this guy was last year? And, could he turn into a full-blown non-typical or just a typical with forked G2s?

mr.mc54 07-15-2010 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308 (Post 3647644)
This was last year. How old do you think this guy was last year? And, could he turn into a full-blown non-typical or just a typical with forked G2s?

I think he's an old fella, thats my opinion. Looks like he is on the way down. That is a shooter, in my book cause I think he's got character.:s1:

BarnesX.308 07-15-2010 09:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You think he's old? The only reason I thought he might be young is because he's smaller than most of the other decent bucks around. Perhaps that's just his particular genetics, though.

I'm shooting him if I see him out in the woods regardless of age :D

Here's one of our old guys who's on his way down.

superstrutter 07-15-2010 12:18 PM

I don't think the first buck is on his way down. He is a great buck in my book. I don't think he'll be a non-typical this year, but you never know. I do believe his rack will be larger this year. From the pics, I would say he is approaching his prime. The second buck, definately an older buck on his way down. I would be happy with either. Good luck getting either or both. They are both mature whitetails, so it won't be easy.

BarnesX.308 07-15-2010 01:03 PM

I've been seeing the big 6 pointer for several years, but only at night and rarely anywhere where we can hunt. He's gotta' live in the woods in the day time, but who knows where. They're sneaky suckers.

I never saw the first buck before last year. Or maybe I did. Maybe he was just a typical, average buck last year?

SWThomas 07-15-2010 11:19 PM

I don't know... He doesn't really look that old. I'm just basing that on his body, neck and facial features. But that rack is awesome!!!

BarnesX.308 07-16-2010 02:12 AM

He's missing a G3 on his one side. Looks like it never grew. I'm thinking that would hurt his score. Maybe he'll have it next year?

childers 07-16-2010 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308 (Post 3647682)
You think he's old? The only reason I thought he might be young is because he's smaller than most of the other decent bucks around. Perhaps that's just his particular genetics, though.

I'm shooting him if I see him out in the woods regardless of age :D

Here's one of our old guys who's on his way down.

now that buck is a monster for me. what do you think he weighs??

BarnesX.308 07-16-2010 09:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm thinking the buck with the forked G2s probably weighs about 175lbs on the hoof. The 6 pointer probably about 250lbs. Maybe more with that big gut.

We've been weighing all our deer for the last few years so we're getting a little better at guessing. This one weighed 182lbs dressed.

remingtonshooter1 07-18-2010 06:04 PM

you better pump some lead into him!