Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

feeding the family

Old 07-18-2010, 11:59 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigcountry
So you harvest 260lbs of venison a year from spikes?

I have no doubt that's exactly what you read.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

sussexhunter fill that freezer with what ever deer you choose to kill..have fun hunting and come home in one piece...if you and your family love deer meat have at it..cant eat this year on what you pass up for next year..

Big Country im wrong on many things..like bucks dont get stupid during the rut,, maybe i was wrong on trying to stop a very mature deer but he paid me no attention cause he had somewhere to go,your were there werent you...or you cant age deer by the antler size,,i could be kinda wrong there.. you are talking to the wrong people if they say that bucks dont change during the rut oh i got it it was a blow to your ego sorry but its true..your saying im wrong but knowing im right..
Old 07-19-2010, 07:30 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by buck-i
sussexhunter fill that freezer with what ever deer you choose to kill..have fun hunting and come home in one piece...if you and your family love deer meat have at it..cant eat this year on what you pass up for next year..

Big Country im wrong on many things..like bucks dont get stupid during the rut,, maybe i was wrong on trying to stop a very mature deer but he paid me no attention cause he had somewhere to go,your were there werent you...or you cant age deer by the antler size,,i could be kinda wrong there.. you are talking to the wrong people if they say that bucks dont change during the rut oh i got it it was a blow to your ego sorry but its true..your saying im wrong but knowing im right..
The punchline. First you said those fawns and spikes are much harder to kill than those mature deer. Now this. Quit it now. I am busting a gut laughing so hard.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

i just cant remember saying that spikes and fawns are much harder to kill than mature bucks..

i typed that some of my easiest kills have been mature bucks behind does or following does...meaning so you dont resort to reading one thing and making it say another...barney style for you.. a buck following a doe has his mind on that doe and keeping other bucks away. he gets stupid now go bust some of that gut laughing..

had to check profile see if i was dealing with a minor... believe what you want to believe in as long as you are happy and it gets you through life..much like the bible..
Old 07-19-2010, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's no greater enjoyment for me than to sit down for a meal
with my family that includes game that I've hunted, killed,
butchered and cooked.
No trophy on the wall.
No picture.
No self satisfaction brought on by a score or measurment.

If it's legal and gets eaten, I don't care who kills what in size or sex.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

sussex the city? in va?
Old 07-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by buck-i
i just cant remember saying that spikes and fawns are much harder to kill than mature bucks..

i typed that some of my easiest kills have been mature bucks behind does or following does...meaning so you dont resort to reading one thing and making it say another...barney style for you.. a buck following a doe has his mind on that doe and keeping other bucks away. he gets stupid now go bust some of that gut laughing..

had to check profile see if i was dealing with a minor... believe what you want to believe in as long as you are happy and it gets you through life..much like the bible..
LOL!

Good point on several things here... especially the part where it said "you dont resort to reading one thing and making it say another". I've seen that from others on many occasions. It's as if they can't read or comprehend what's in front of them sometimes. To steal an old carpenter's axiom, but rephrased... "Read twice, reply once".

iSnipe
Old 07-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

This somehow reminds me of the arguments I have to break up between my 3- and 4-year old kids

Welcome aboard, sussexhunter! I hope they haven't scared you off.

rw
Old 07-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Fork Horn

sometimes you got to let them fight or voice their opinions no harm in that , but yes it went on to long sorry Sussexhunter..as i will always tell you hunt for yourself, you will be happier.. and fill that freezer...