HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Humor Us! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/325552-humor-us.html)

Game Stalker 07-07-2010 11:05 AM

Humor Us!

Tell a funny shooting or hunting story you have seen or experienced.
Here's mine.
There were 3 of us shooting a .44 Magnum SA Ruger.2 of us had never shot anything larger than a .357 Mag.We had set-up 3 coke cans spaced an inch apart.We were shooting free hand from only 5 yards.My turn came last.I aimed and fired.The right can went flying.
Again and the left can was hit.Finally,I took careful aim and hit the center can.The other 2 said,"For a first time,you shoot that .44 Mag pretty good".I almost kept my mouth shut but then confessed,"Thanks,but I was shooting at the center can each time".
:woot:

podunk kennels 07-07-2010 11:16 AM

I took a friend that wanted to shoot a hog with his new .308 win to the ranch one time. I asked if hed practiced with it and he said hed shot half a box upo and was ready to go hunting. We eased up on a small group of hogs and I told him to shoot the sow in the back. He took aim......took aim.....took aim and finally BAAAM! She fell over and I went up t o bleed her. When I got close I realized she wasnt bleeding from the head but the azz instead. She promptly got up and chased me around in circles for a minute until I remembered the .22 mag pistol I carry and put her down for good. After inspecting his rifle it had been loaded with military surplus FMJs, all he said was " I was aiming for her head".

DeerandbearhoG 07-07-2010 11:24 AM

Once, a looooooooooooooong time ago, I shot at 2 rabbits in the snow, one close, one far, the close one died instantly, the far one ran away. I picked up the dead one, and hung it on my belt loop since I forgot a bag. I walked around a bit looking for the other one, when I looked down and found a drop of blood, then another, and another, walked around in a 20ft circle for 15 minutes, till i figured out it was blood dripping from the rabbit on my belt. DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!!!!:s13:

Never did find the other one:s2:

podunk kennels 07-07-2010 11:35 AM

Coulda been a long trail on that one. Thats hilarious.

Father Forkhorn 07-07-2010 01:33 PM

I have a friend who's hyperactive generally and absolutely gung ho about deer. One year, he was all over us to shoot "big mama does" to try to get the buck-doe ratio back in order. The other thing is that he was always pushing head shots---"Head shots! Head shots! Save the meat!"-he'd say.

Sooooooo... He goes out one afternon and shoots a buttons buck in the hind quarters. A complete break down in judging deer size, sex, everything. It was small enough that after field dressing one of the guys put it in the truck by lifting it up by the hind legs like you would a rabbit.

Needless to say, he didn't live that one down.

Warren 07-08-2010 11:58 AM

It's opening day of deer season. Prior to opening day I have been reloading for my lever action 35Rem. rifle.
I hike a mile back in the woods before sun up to my deer stand. Go to load up the rifle and it turns out that the bullet is seated just a little to far out of the case. The bullet jams as I try to work the lever. I back the shell out and the bullet stays in the barrel. Great, now what to do. I can see the bullet but I can't reach it. I look around in the dark with my flashlight for a stick that will fit down the barrel so I can tap the bullet out. I find one and work it down the barrel and as I get near the bottom the stick gets tighter so I push a little harder and - snap - the stick breaks off right at the muzzle.
That was the end of opening day for me.

podunk kennels 07-08-2010 02:29 PM

I carry a small metal rod about four inches long just a little smaller than my bore. If something gets stuck in the tube merely open the action and drop the rod down until it knocks the obstruction free. Keep cleaning rods in the truck also dont ask why :) ....