Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Meat Hunter's?

Old 07-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

always about the meat, we can only get drawn for an elk hunt once in your lifetime in okla..,i put in for both sex and got drawn for cow not upset at all, if i want trophys i would only put in for bull,same goes for deer controll hunts i put in for does and bucks, i just love to hunt....let it be deer, dove, fish,squirrel, turkey, dog its all about the meatt,,,sorry about the dog i been in korea a little to long...
Old 07-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Every deer I shoot is a trophy to me. Not saying I dont like to see a big rack, but it is not all about the rack for me.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm on this list. I look at the early muzzleloader season as a doe season. Put a doe in front of me and it's down. I shot a spike last season in the rifle season because it was 20 yards away--couldn't pass up easy backstraps.

This year, I'll let spikes walk. Probably forkies, too, if I've got a doe in the freezer.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

Trophy hunter here. I'll kill a doe every year for some sausage but that's about it. Backstraps are alright but I prefer beef. Which is why I have cattle.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a meat hunter.Va,for the most part,don't have the biggest deer.Granted,in some counties those corn fed bucks get large.I don't have access those places(yet) and don't get to travel as much as I'd like-even in my home state.I hunt a WMA and reg.'s are hard there.Does are allowed season long for bow-which I just took up last year-and only one day for BP.Otherwise,it's bucks only.Hunting this WMA is tough and choices are few.Even so,personally,if it's not at least 100 lbs. dressed,I let it walk.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can`t eat horns/antlers. Meat is first and foremost. We are allowed up to six deer in Manitoba. Most of my group try to fill our freezers. If I have the opportunity to harvest a trophy deer,I will but I don`t go looking for them.

Ron
Old 07-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rbduck
You can`t eat horns/antlers. Meat is first and foremost. We are allowed up to six deer in Manitoba. Most of my group try to fill our freezers. If I have the opportunity to harvest a trophy deer,I will but I don`t go looking for them.

Ron
And you cant put a back strap on the wall.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

Ill dang sure put one on the table though.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

anything normally made of beef, im my home we make it with venison most often... love it!

Sure a nice buck is great to find... but antlers just gather dust on a wall when its all said and done... and evetually you run out of room for them...
Old 07-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Kybuckhunter
And you cant put a back strap on the wall.
i'm only 27, and already dont have room enough for any more heads/horns on the wall.... most of us dont have whole rooms/houses to hang trophys...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.