Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is it just me or....

Old 05-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Is it just me or....

The fawns not as populated as they normally are.. I've only seen like 2 recently, and im wondering if thats something to worry about in the next couple years. So if you have any input on this situation just let me know.

Its been a while since ive been up here, so im still getting used to this... (new computer) - (windows 7 is sick by the way)
Old 05-17-2010, 04:18 AM
Fork Horn

As off 5/15 my trail cameras still so my does carrying.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:41 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 2robinhood View Post
As off 5/15 my trail cameras still so my does carrying.

Good point, seems most Fawns should still be young enough to not be doing a whole lot of running around just yet.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

I think it's a little early.

spudrow from MO
Old 05-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

What State You located in RemingtonShooter1...?

Like Spudrow mentioned...its a little too early here in Missouri...I have several pictures of Doe's carrying Fawns,You can tell their bulging out a little when they stand side-ways!I say in late May,June and early July they should be dropping their Fawns.I'll have plenty of trail camera pictures as soon as I se the first one is out moving around!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Virginia... I just thought they would be stumbling around by now... All i see is a bunch of big does standing in the feilds in groups.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Hey GTO. What town are you from? I'm originally from the towns of Malden and Kennett.

Spudrow from MO
Old 05-21-2010, 01:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default Right....

Originally Posted by spudrow View Post
I think it's a little early.

spudrow from MO
Way early, end of June early July, and you don't still see the numbers, thats when I would be concerned. Until then, either carrying, or bedded. My guess still carrying, as they are here in N. Michigan.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm about another 50-60 miles north of Kennet/Malden Area between Cape Girardeau and say Bloomsdale.

We usually drive down south to Sikeston to do some shopping and hit the Flea Markets and go to Lambert's (Home of the Throwed Rolls). Mmmmmm Good!
Old 05-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah RemingtonShooter...when You don't see many of the Doe's moving around for a while they probably dropped their Fawns and are staying fairly close to protect them...then suddenly one day they'll be out together in front of your trail camera!