Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Winchester "SM"'s

Old 05-11-2010, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Winchester "SM"'s

I am getting indirect vibes down this way that Winchester is giving up on the WSM concept. This is a highly reputable shop with a massive retail following across the entire USA. This shop has dropped the selling prices on all of their extensive rifle stock that is chambered in 300 WSM or 325 WSM by roughly 30% - 40% of MSRP, and cut the selling price for Winchester WSM factory loads by about 15% of what it was a few weeks back. The 325 WSM's have been dropped as much as 50% of MSRP. This shop will usually come off MSRP maybe $50 - $100 on rifles, but I have seen nothing like this. Maybe it is just a local thing, but makes me wonder because this shop is indeed in the loop on the pulse of the hunting industry.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like an excellent time to buy that .300 WSM I've thought about. With the money saved I'd put in a stock of brass and be set to hunt all BG for the rest of my life. Other than the fact that they are so much different from what, for years we thought were mainstream hunting rounds, there is absolutely nothing wrong with any of them.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

You need to tell us the name of the shop....
Old 05-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mark's Outdoor Sports
Old 05-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK where???