Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Is anyone getting ready for the deer season yet? >

Is anyone getting ready for the deer season yet?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is anyone getting ready for the deer season yet?

Old 06-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Certify me insane! I spent Thursday afternoon, most of Friday and Saturday morning working on stands, scouting and marking possible stand locations. It was well past 90F at 10:00 a.m. and hit 99F according to my GPS info around noon. And at dark it was still right at 90F. Humidity was out the roof. Man what are August and September temps going to be like !!! My snake boots worked again ... I saw no snakes. Horse flies ... a different story. Wore me out down around the creeks !! I'm getting to old for this !
Old 06-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been feeding for the last 2 months. I run feeders and cameras on 2 different properties. I still need to clear some brush around some other spots and hang some more stands.

Last edited by robbcayman; 06-20-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've drove some back roads and saw numerous deer in one area, including a couple of big bodied ones that had to be bucks. (couldn't see the antlers as it was dark and I had no binocs). I'll have to get the permission, now. Also located two new sites for stands/blinds on existing hunting grounds (a couple of good trails and one spot nearby that appeared to have a buck bed.)
Old 06-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

The last couple of days me and my hunting partner set up 5 new double set deer stands for filming and 3 trail new cameras.5 more new double sets and we should be all set for the season.Its crazy how many bucks you see this time of year in the fields but once the loose there velvet they just disappear.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Spike

Went scouting today. We are in a severe drought so I will have to wait a long time to plant my plots,at least until we get some rain. All kinds of tracks around the streams. ALL of the batteries are dead for my trail cameras! I will see if I can get some and take some pictures!

~~RW
Old 06-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

I am addicted to hunting
Scouting and all

Old 06-30-2010, 09:51 AM
Spike

Got new batteries for the cameras. I will set them up tonight. Probably along the streams so we will see more coons than deer but I know we will see at least 3 deer. (don't ask how I know) Might get a bear picture too,I saw a bear while working on stands this morning,don't see many bear in eastern va. Post pictures tommorow.

~~RW
Old 06-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Purchased my Archery License yesterday,took a hike through my hunting area jumped a nice Doe and a Turkey. They are still moving in the same patterns as last year based on the tracks I saw. I'm keeping an eye on a buck who may be a good 7 pointer this year he was a decent 5 last year when I passed on him. He beds in the same place all the time it seems. My Nephew and I have not seen a big 10 pointer everyone else seems to see all the time but we hope he is still passing through our small area.We would put cameras up but theft is a big problem in our area,so many trespassers who will steal anything we put up. I was happy to see a good looking Corn crop in our secondary hunting site,I've got my tree ready to go there and a new Muzzle Loader to try on a group of Does who avoided me last year just staying out of range of my Bow. Of course like all or most of you I've been geting ready ever sence the season ended last year. Just 2 more months for our Kentucky neighbors next door,we have a Whitetail Expo here in Louisville KY. the 10,11 of July and I'm sure it will be well attended with hunters geting in the hunting frame of mind while there. Good Hunting To All!