Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
If your a really good hunter..... >

If your a really good hunter.....

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

If your a really good hunter.....

Old 04-17-2010, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

Arrow If your a really good hunter.....

If you hunt really good and always do heart shots, and rifle all you use. try trying a muzzle loader (muzzle loader "hunting term-Muzzy" is a very accurate weapon, with a sleek design,it has in old fashion flair to it. You have to put in the gunpowder and other stuff) there very fun and its a good experience.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:03 AM
Dominant Buck

While I hunt with several weapon types these days, I started out with a smokepole, and it's still my favorite tool. Mine is an inline, but I normally use it with a patched roundball since it's rate of twist allows it. The last deer I hit with it didn't make it past 40 yards.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

I have never shot a smokepole before but would love to try and take a deer with one. That, and a pistol are my next two quests to try and accomplish.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

I bow hunt and then black powder hunt for the rest of our season. Shotgun only comes out to play for doves, skeet, and here recently spring gobbler.

Have 3 BP guns, have an old inline .50 that uses no. 11 caps (my first gun I ever bought myself.) Also have an older .45 cal inline taking 209 caps. I have taken many deer with both.

The newest gun to the collection is my Hawkens .50 cal. Bought the do-it-yourself kit early last year when hours were cut back at work so I would have something to keep me busy on days off. I have right at 40hrs of time into this gun. Had to give it character and my personal touch.

Made contact with a young buck 2nd day into to the woods last season, heart shot at 25 yards. I have a good amount of time making this gun and dialing it in. I call it "The Beauty and the Beast"
Attached Thumbnails If your a really good hunter.....-smhawk.jpg  
Old 04-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by cynikalHC
I have never shot a smokepole before but would love to try and take a deer with one. That, and a pistol are my next two quests to try and accomplish.
you should its an awsome experience
Old 04-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kevin1
While I hunt with several weapon types these days, I started out with a smokepole, and it's still my favorite tool. Mine is an inline, but I normally use it with a patched roundball since it's rate of twist allows it. The last deer I hit with it didn't make it past 40 yards.
wow, thats awsome
Old 04-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by cynikalHC
Is it even legal to hunt deer with a pistol?
Old 04-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper
I bow hunt and then black powder hunt for the rest of our season. Shotgun only comes out to play for doves, skeet, and here recently spring gobbler.

Have 3 BP guns, have an old inline .50 that uses no. 11 caps (my first gun I ever bought myself.) Also have an older .45 cal inline taking 209 caps. I have taken many deer with both.

The newest gun to the collection is my Hawkens .50 cal. Bought the do-it-yourself kit early last year when hours were cut back at work so I would have something to keep me busy on days off. I have right at 40hrs of time into this gun. Had to give it character and my personal touch.

Made contact with a young buck 2nd day into to the woods last season, heart shot at 25 yards. I have a good amount of time making this gun and dialing it in. I call it "The Beauty and the Beast"
that's an awesome old fashion good looking gun, my favorite muzzy is t.c triumph bone collector .50 cal
Old 04-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by genesis27:3
Is it even legal to hunt deer with a pistol?
In Virginia it depends on the county your in. I wanted to try it out but you can only use pistol in counties your allowed to use modern rifles.

The best thing is. All the places seem to be all built up and has houses on top of each other in the places you can use rifle and pistol.

I live out in the sticks, way out in the sticks (takes 45 minutes to get a cop to you) can't use a rifle or pistol.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive owned a half dozen MLs, but after I bought my savage 10ml smokless, I never looked back. its a little more complicated than a regular ML ,but the 1st time I hunted w/ it, it rained really bad while I was on stand. as I was walking back to the truck, i could see the rain water pouring out of the breech. that night I went to discharge the load, but i was sure it would not go off, since I figure there was no way moisture didnt get into the breech. when it went bang! as soon as I pulled the trigger, I was amazed! this gun is also very accurate and powerful(250grxtp/2300fps) w/ less kick than other MLs ive owned. theres also no smoke cloud when I pull the trigger, and I only have to clean it once a year!

If your a really good hunter.....-08muzzbuck-003.jpg

If your a really good hunter.....-nydbl-007.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.