Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Ethics & Awareness

Old 04-05-2010, 03:18 AM
Spike

Default Hunting Ethics & Awareness

when i got this stuff about the deer hunting ethics and awareness i felt like to share this with all those who are hunting maniac,
We, as deer hunters, are also battling large groups of well funded anti-hunters. These anti-hunting organizations are always on the lookout for examples of unethical deer hunting practices that will turn public opinion against hunting. As hunters, we must practice good hunting ethics; we cannot give them the headlines they are looking for. Our ethical and moral conduct must set the example. We must treat with respect, the sport of deer hunting. It is a privilege that can be taken away from us if we lose sight of this principle. We also must be willing to do our part to stop unethical behavior by speaking up.. In Minnesota we have a program called "T.I.P.", it is the acronym for "Turn In Poachers". It has a toll free number where a person can call in a tip about someone who practicing unethical behavior by breaking game laws. Hunters need to know and understand their states hunting D.N.R. regulations and laws and abide by them..
Old 04-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Please give the universally accepted definition of deer hunting ethics.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know if there is a universal definition but COMMON SENSE is a darn good place to start.

It is great to see young hunters with a good attitude to protect our sport.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by James B
I don't know if there is a universal definition but COMMON SENSE is a darn good place to start.
It is great to see young hunters with a good attitude to protect our sport.
X2! Sadly, common sense is not too common in our world today! Even among our sporting fraternity, there are some who are just out for themselves! They don't care about what others think, even if it gives our sport a bad name! And I'm not talking about "poachers," they are not "hunters" to begin with!

BTW, welcome to the board JD!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
In my hunter safety education classes ethics are a topic we really want our students to embrace.

Ethics. Doing the right thing, following the rules and abiding by the rules even when no one will know or is watching.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not gonna waste my time arguing this, just gonna offer the observation that sometimes there can be a fine line between exhibiting ethics (that can clearly vary across people) and common sense (that also clearly varies across people), etc. and acting in a manner that is simply catering to the whims of anti-hunters and showing weakness. Also, in the course of the last 5 years on here, I have seen my share of people who claim to follow the letter of the law, but have said things that suggest to me that without ever breaking laws they are far from ethical in their conduct and attitudes. This is not directed toward any person who has posted on this thread, just my two cents about issues that are not all that clear cut.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lanse made my point above a little clearer.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
Good luck with that. LOL!

That in itself will create an emotional debate with hunters chastising one's opinions of what "ethics" are.

Of course you guys who know me, already know what I say is not of opinion, but of fact, therefore during this "debate", my words would be accurate in terms of what and how "ethics" are defined. LOL!

iSnipe
Old 04-30-2010, 04:11 AM
Spike

Default Hello

i found these tips as great so i thought to share with you all..so that you be aware of these things.. even i found these tips useful.. and it improved my hunting habit..many off the things that are not to be considered right are done by us unknowingly.. so you just be aware of that while you are hunting..
Thanks for the responses..
Old 04-30-2010, 04:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Using the word ethical is used too often when talking about hunting IMHO. Much of the disagreements in hunting/hunting ethics is based usually on the methods that individual hunters use, and they are usually the type of hunting they were raised using. Some hunt with bait, legally. Some hunt with dogs, legally, etc. These and many types of hunting, while completely legal in their areas, are often called unethical. Honestly, what is so ethical about sitting in a tree with a high powered rifle with scope and shooting a deer that is just walking down a trail? Just hunt with legal methods in your area and don't worry about the methods of hunting anybody else uses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.