Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

which to buy?

Old 03-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Spike

Default which to buy?

I've been deer hunting for about 15yrs or so. I'm 26 now and I've always gun hunted. I've got two things that I would like to buy, but I don't know if I will be able to afford both. I've been thinking about buying my first bow and the other is a scouting camera.

I've never used either and the place we hunt at is just a few family members and none of us bow hunt so I will hunt by myself. I think I mainly would hunt mornings and not evenings if I bow hunted. Is a scouting camera something that is a good tool/source to have? Which would you buy if you were me. Thanks
Old 03-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats a tough one. I know I would buy the Trail cam, but thats only because I already have a bow. YOu could always sart off with one of hte cheaper trail cams, so then maybe you could still afford to buy a bow, then down the road, you could buy a better camera. I will tell you tho, once you have had 1 trail cam for a while, you will want more.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

trail cameras are fun, but not necessary at all, get a bow before a trail camera.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Spike

I know I love my bow... I have a couple of trail cameras and they sit there and collect dust.... the bow on the other hand rarely has time to relax....
Old 03-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

I just started bowhunting 2 years ago,and I absolutly love it..I like bowhunting more than gun hunting now..I have trail cams now,but like already said,they are totally not necessary.They are fun,you can get a wildview ez cam for $59..I wouldn't reccomend paying over $100 on a camera if you think there is a possibility of it getting stolen..Get the bow,you won't regret it.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

Well if you want to start bowhunting..... don't buy the camera first they can't shoot arrows.LOL.

No, seriously. I have 2 of the wildviews, 1 was a $50 and the other a $100 one. The 1st one takes better pics but the second one has time and date on it. You can always start with a good used bow. I am not trying to sell you one but just as an example i am selling one of my old ones for $125. bow, quiver, rest, sights and arrows. Check out craigs list where ever you live and you can find those deals.

Good luck.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Spike

by a bow then buy a cuddeback camera dont waste money on a cheap buy 1 that will last so u do not have 2 spend a hundred dollars every 2 or 3 years. a camera will help learn wat deer u have size that is and also help learn the patterns. but is no good if u do not hunt when they are in patterns which is bow season. bow first then camera... just my 2cents
Old 03-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Definitely a bow...no question on that one.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:13 AM
Typical Buck

Get a good bow and a cheaper cam if you can to start off. Those cams have helped me decide what stand to hunt and when . very good tool, but cant kill deer without a bow
Old 03-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

+ 1 for bow bring camera if you want a picture ! LOL !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.