Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whos got Game Feeders???

Old 06-17-2003, 03:12 PM

Default Whos got Game Feeders???

My next purchase will be one, and im clueless about them. Help! Which ones and why?
Old 06-17-2003, 04:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Whos got Game Feeders???

We have about a dozen Moultrie mounted on the bottom of 55 gallon barrels. They are simple to set the time and seem to work well. The only thing I see that we may change on them is the spinner that scatters the feed. I am going to try making a upright curved blade in the middle of the spinner to see if it will throw the feed in a bigger area.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:59 PM

Count me as another Moultrie user... those seem to be a standard on the market, and they' re pretty darned easy to use. The only thing you may need to do is hook it up so that squirrels and especially raccoons can' t get to it. My feeder' s got a pretty elaborate system to keep them from climbing the pole, and another to keep them off the top of the feeder.
Old 06-19-2003, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

I use the Moultree as well...very easy and not to expensive...works good for me
Old 06-19-2003, 12:48 PM

I just bought two at Bass Pro.....going to use them this year. Tried and tested them, they work great!
Old 06-19-2003, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Game Country feeder. It is 16 gallons and fits 100 pounds of corn. Really nice unit. The key is putting it high enough and out on a branch so the bears don' t knock the legs to get the corn out. Twice a day for about 6 seconds lasts probably 5 weeks unless the bears get to it.

Two suggestions:

1) GET ONE THAT HAS A DAYLIGHT SENSOR! That way, it will throw out corn just after dawn and maybe an hour before dark.

2) Get a 55 gallon one if it is in a place you don' t visit much, so it will last much longer. The lantern batteries will last several months in one of those units. You' ll need a winch/pulley type system, but don' t have to visit the property just to put more corn in the feeder.
Old 06-20-2003, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I' ve had good luck with the Game Country timers.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:12 AM

I had a game feeder on a tri-pod, can' t remember which one but it seem to work real well until........ I was at my cabin one weekend and noticed the feeder was on it side and looked a bit " abused" . After closer inspection, I noticed it had small puncture holes around the top that were spaced about one inch apart. I thought somebody had take pot shots at it with a 22 until the little light in my head went on and I realized it was a bear using it' s teeth to open the lid on the feeder.

So, If you live in bear country, I suggest you use the type that hangs from the tree and make it as " bear-proof" as possible.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:23 AM

I have 1 kenco smart timmerII on a 55gal barrel,,,,,also have 3 cabela' s feeders on 55 gal barrels and 4 moultree timers on home made feeders and 55gal barrels,,,,they all have preformed well for the past 3yrs
Old 06-20-2003, 05:28 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

For the price, quality, durability, and service you cant beet a " On Time Feeder"
I have 4 and got rid of my Moultree' s. My batterys last well over the season and You do not need the big batterys to run it. Very easy to use and program for what ever the amount of times and duration you want.
I have had cows and hogs nock my feeders down, (yes even if you build the feeder pen thay will come.) and step on the timer. The only damage was a bent rod or spinner plate the timer was not harmed.
I do not sell these or own stock in the Company. I have found a great product and one they give a life time warrenty. I have used it on one that I got at a Garage sale. NO questions!
Give it a look.
Rick.

Quick Reply: Whos got Game Feeders???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.