Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Where can I find quality topo and ariel maps on the web? >

Where can I find quality topo and ariel maps on the web?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Where can I find quality topo and ariel maps on the web?

Old 02-28-2010, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just for clarification, on the USGS site, got to
http://store.usgs.gov/b2c_usgs/b2c/s...3300%298933353

And click on "Map Locator" you will get a Google type map that lets you zero in on a given area. Follow the instructions and you will eventually get to download the official USGS 7.5 minute topo maps in pdf format. These are pretty great. The actual map is too big for most printers to print out but you can use Adobe reader (free) to select a portion of the map for printing on regular 8.5 x 11" paper.

Until I get a gps unit that has a mapping feature, this seems the way to go.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.digital-topo-maps.com/

^^ there is a link to this website from my signature link below. Just zoom into your area, and click my topo.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
A lot of county Property Appraiser offices will have new color aerials that you can print on-line. The advantage is that usually they have the landowners property outlined. You can also get the contiguous landowners names, etc as well as any other tracts you have an interest in......
This is your best bet or a LABINS-type site for your state. Here's Florida's- http://data.labins.org/2003/. Some of the aerials could be older with state agencies but I've found they are usually updated with property appraiser's sites. I work with aerial photography alot in my career so I know where to obtain it in Florida
Old 04-16-2010, 11:47 PM
Spike

I use www.maps.live.com works great for me. It will take you to bing maps, but there the same thing now. Once you get to the area you want use bird eye view