Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wood Pallet Ground Blind

Old 02-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you plan on making ground blinds out of them I would set/stand 3 of them up and leave the back wall open for you to enter into the blinds and maybe use the burlap camo material for the back 4th wall for easy entry?You could cover the front 3 walls with the burlap camo material or use Cedar Tree branches?You could also make shooting windows in the middle of the skids if You going to Rifle Hunt out of them.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Be careful using landscape timbers. They are not treated with the same strength preservative as other treated lumber and they will rot quicker, especially if they are in the ground.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Spike

My pallet blind is on a hill looking down on some woods about 80 yards away. It is made of 4 metal stakes and three pallets. The first pallet is the wall I sit behind. Two stakes hold it up on each end bound by wire. The other two form the two side walls angled about 130 degrees from the first one to form a kind of bowl. I place old limbs against and in front of it to break up the outline. It sits under an old oak tree. I have shot a good buck each year from this stand that took about 20 minutes to set up. I use camo blankets over it to keep the sun from revealing my outline through the slots. I will set up 3 more of these in different spots. They are easy to put up and easy to take down.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I took the pallets apart and for the floor on the raised blind used 2x6 joice to nail the boards to.

then I made a modular frame out of 2x2 and nailed the boards to then then lag bolted the sections together.
The post are cedar I cut out of the swamp. Still looks good 10 years later. Color is stain I bought off the OOPs shelf at Home Depot for $5.00 a gallon.

Al
Old 05-19-2014, 06:41 PM
Spike

Anything can be a blind. I saw a bright pink blind that worked great! It started as a joke for the women, but ended up being used for years. You just need to get it in the woods in the summer, latest, so they get used to it.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wood Pallets !!!!

I had to haul them on a job I had when young. Wouldn't ever think of hauling them into the woods. Good luck.

Ha, I had some tough jobs, I wouldn't even think of using some stuff. Wood pallets being one. But that's me.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:35 PM
Spike

I spent last summer painting a stack of pallets green and camo painting them after with spray paint leaves and pine branches. I figured they would be great for stands. I ended up only using a couple of them for ladder stands which still required buying many 2x4's. I now have green and camo pallets behind my shed I store my metal stands on.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Either screw/nail 3 and a burlap bag as the rear, (I would burlap all 4 sides) or use 3 or 4 and screw together, then add 1 more for a floor a few up right poles and more burlap and you'll have it raised a bit. You can cut some notches to climb up.

just noticed this post is years old.

Last edited by jerseyhunter; 06-12-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kool idea.

Hatchet Jack