HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Does watching videos of other hunters killing deer bother you? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/317568-does-watching-videos-other-hunters-killing-deer-bother-you.html)

Sniggle 02-17-2010 02:42 PM

Does watching videos of other hunters killing deer bother you?

I ask because, although I really enjoy hunting and have no trouble shooting a deer, gutting a deer and the like, I don't really like watching other hunters shoot an animal.

I am not being at all judgemental, just wondring if other feel the same way.

noidurism 02-17-2010 03:30 PM

it doesn't bother me one bit, except maybe a tiny bit jealous of some of the big boys they get-lol! someday i will get mine! patiently waiting..........:rolleyes:

OhioBowhunter 02-17-2010 03:32 PM

i like to watch hunting shows/videos to become a better hunter. BUT it does bother me that people get to hunt or do things involved with hunting 24/7 365 :sad:

JagMagMan 02-17-2010 05:35 PM

Doesn't bother me in the least bit! I learn from their shots! Canned hunt or not, I like to see the hit and the games reaction!

donletson 02-17-2010 05:58 PM

Nope. Not at all. I enjoy the joy/enthusiasm and excitement of another persons hunt.

uncle matt 02-17-2010 06:06 PM

I would recommend you see a doctor but I think I can save ya the time and a couple bucks.

We live in a great country with many, many freedoms...........don't watch those videos.

Ed McDonald 02-17-2010 06:06 PM

It doesn't bother me to watch most shows but a lot of it is BS . Some renowned hunter goes to a ranch where the guide or whatever has installed some treestands in ideal locations . When the "shooter" nails a deer and trails it , he acts surprised when he spots the deer and the cameraman is standing on the other side catching the surprised look . Or ........ a deer is shot in broad daylight and they take the just found pics in the dark using the camera lights .
I never ever watch any of the Jackie Bushwacker shows !

fastetti 02-17-2010 06:30 PM

I can't imagine being able to shoot a deer but not be able to watch someone else shoot one. Wouldn't that make you think twice why you are hunting?

I would have to say that I don't think I learn too much from hunting shows. With only a half hor shows and most of it dedicated to promoting sponsors I don't think they have enough time to teach much. I do like to see shot placements and how far there deer run just for future reference.

LifexIsxHunting 02-17-2010 06:37 PM

I saw a do it yourself show on the outdoor channel that was really cool, one was diy elk hunt in montana and the other was a diy antelope hunt in wyoming. It was nice to see a "real" hunting show for a change.

SGT.H 02-17-2010 07:00 PM

Doesn't bother me at all. I realize most of the show is commercials, and sponsors, but the kill shots are why I watch them. As others have said, I try to learn something from the animal reaction.