Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Does watching videos of other hunters killing deer bother you? >

Does watching videos of other hunters killing deer bother you?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: Does it bother you to watch other hunters kill deer?
No, I enjoy vicariously experiencing other people's hunts
37.50%
No, I learn how to be a better hunter by watching hunting videos
51.79%
Somewhat, but I occasionally watch to both learn and see great deer being taken
8.93%
Yes, seeing deer killed by a third party bothers me.
1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Does watching videos of other hunters killing deer bother you?

Old 02-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default Does watching videos of other hunters killing deer bother you?

I ask because, although I really enjoy hunting and have no trouble shooting a deer, gutting a deer and the like, I don't really like watching other hunters shoot an animal.

I am not being at all judgemental, just wondring if other feel the same way.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

it doesn't bother me one bit, except maybe a tiny bit jealous of some of the big boys they get-lol! someday i will get mine! patiently waiting..........
Old 02-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

i like to watch hunting shows/videos to become a better hunter. BUT it does bother me that people get to hunt or do things involved with hunting 24/7 365
Old 02-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Doesn't bother me in the least bit! I learn from their shots! Canned hunt or not, I like to see the hit and the games reaction!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Spike

Nope. Not at all. I enjoy the joy/enthusiasm and excitement of another persons hunt.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would recommend you see a doctor but I think I can save ya the time and a couple bucks.

We live in a great country with many, many freedoms...........don't watch those videos.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

It doesn't bother me to watch most shows but a lot of it is BS . Some renowned hunter goes to a ranch where the guide or whatever has installed some treestands in ideal locations . When the "shooter" nails a deer and trails it , he acts surprised when he spots the deer and the cameraman is standing on the other side catching the surprised look . Or ........ a deer is shot in broad daylight and they take the just found pics in the dark using the camera lights .
I never ever watch any of the Jackie Bushwacker shows !
Old 02-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't imagine being able to shoot a deer but not be able to watch someone else shoot one. Wouldn't that make you think twice why you are hunting?

I would have to say that I don't think I learn too much from hunting shows. With only a half hor shows and most of it dedicated to promoting sponsors I don't think they have enough time to teach much. I do like to see shot placements and how far there deer run just for future reference.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

I saw a do it yourself show on the outdoor channel that was really cool, one was diy elk hunt in montana and the other was a diy antelope hunt in wyoming. It was nice to see a "real" hunting show for a change.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Doesn't bother me at all. I realize most of the show is commercials, and sponsors, but the kill shots are why I watch them. As others have said, I try to learn something from the animal reaction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.