Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Does watching videos of other hunters killing deer bother you? >

Does watching videos of other hunters killing deer bother you?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: Does it bother you to watch other hunters kill deer?
No, I enjoy vicariously experiencing other people's hunts
37.50%
No, I learn how to be a better hunter by watching hunting videos
51.79%
Somewhat, but I occasionally watch to both learn and see great deer being taken
8.93%
Yes, seeing deer killed by a third party bothers me.
1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Does watching videos of other hunters killing deer bother you?

Old 02-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes i regret it aint me there releasin the string
Old 02-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't watch the hunters, I watch the deer movements and reactions on those kind of videos......I study the deer , not the deer hunter!

Last edited by Rebel Hog; 02-18-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smile Watching Others

I must admit I like to watch hoping I might really learn a trick or two for my next season. But I saw to guys crying after shooting some very large bucks which I may or may not ever get a shot at. I'm very into Deer hunting but crying because you shot a big Buck? I was pumped when I got my first Deer in my first season this year but the emotion of tears of joy seems a bit much. I'll wait and see if I cry when and if I ever get a once in a lifetime Buck down. I'll admit it if I do but it's hard to picture "tears over deers". If you take one in memory of a loved one who is no longer alive or able to hunt then I could see this emotion swelling up. So I mean no disrespect in such cases. I will admit I felt pitty for my Buck while watching him bleed out,I thought to myself"What have you done"? But I found some comfort in the fact that I hit him good and he died quickly. And sharing the meat with family and friends was a treat as well. They are beautiful creatures and I have great respect for thier abilities and stealth.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Red face

Originally Posted by Sniggle

I don't take any pleasure in killing any living thing if it is not bothering my(me)
I'm the same way, but when I was younger, I had a totally different messed up attitude towards it. Back then I had no respect for animals... or their lives I should say. Now I harbor deep regret for the wanton waste of animals I shot with my .22 along with many birds as a youth.

iSnipe
Old 02-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

I've done enough kill shots that I am not really excited to see another one in video even by myself.
To me although the kill is the ultimate goal of the hunt it is also the anti climax of the whole experience. I realize an animal had died to feed my ambition and I somehow tend not to overly glorify that exact moment, in video.