Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
I Think He Knows I Can't Shoot Him!!!! >

I Think He Knows I Can't Shoot Him!!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I Think He Knows I Can't Shoot Him!!!!

Old 02-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I Think He Knows I Can't Shoot Him!!!!

After a few people asking me about a buck I saw earlier in the year, thought I'd post a picture of a nice backyard buck. I got some pictures of this guy earlier in the year around the rut when he was cruisin' during the day. I still spot him every week or so, but always at night now. I actually spotted him last week still carrying both antlers. What stinks is I'm in the northern suburbs of Chicago so there isn't any hunting (legally) for miles except for one small spot 1 1/2 miles from her that I have permission to hunt but I don't think he'll ever wonder that far.

I think this guy knows he has a free pass when he walks around! Usually not a care in the world! He looks like a nice youung buck so I want him to stick around for a few years and avoid the cars. I think he has the genes to be a monster. Even if I can't put an arrow in him, it's still fun to watch these big boys roam the woods! The crazy thing was if we see 2 bucks a year in my backyard its pretty nice. This year we saw around 12 different bucks, 7 were 8 points or better. It was a crazy year. This guy here is a main frame 10 with 5 kickers. Pretty unique buck.

Well, here he is. If anybody else has any buck pics of deer that know they can't be shot, post them up! I'd like to see what everyone else gets "teased" by!

Old 02-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow!! What a stud for a 3 1/2 year old deer. Hope you get to watch him for a few more years.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats a hell of a buck!
Old 02-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

fastetti,

Isn't this the same guy you said you could have arrowed him with your recurve on more than one occasion? I think I remember that buck. Nice lookin' buck too!

iSnipe
Old 02-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, it amazing to see him in my backyard. I spend weeks in a stand and never see anything close to him! Im thinking he's a fairly young deer, if he keeps going and avoids the cars, I can't imagine what he will look like in 2 years!

ISnipe, it wasn't me who was trying to get him with a recurve. Im a lifelong gun hunter but just started this year with my bow. Actually got my first deer this year with a bow, Ive been meaning to put the story up because it is as urban of hunting as you can get, well, legally. I thought Id wait until this years deer hunting stories dry up. I always like ready other peoples hunting tales so I thought Id wait until around now when hunting season was over. My bow buck wasn't enormous, but he was a nice 10 point. If there was any legal way to take this guy I'd be all over it. He'd look great on my wall!
Old 02-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

A few years ago, I was in a local forest preserve hoping to take some pics, maybe find some sheds.
I found myself in the middle of a group of 8 different bucks. They were pre-occupied with each other and did'nt mind me being there, it was crazy!

This one worked over a scrape 10 yards in front of me

Old 02-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

wow some great pics guys!!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

there's alot of big bucks in these forest preserves around chicago, they really need to open them up to bowhunting...
Old 02-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

if he's legal i would shoot him come November !
Old 02-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fastetti
ISnipe, it wasn't me who was trying to get him with a recurve.
I never said that.

iSnipe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.