Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
I arrowed my biggest buck and can-not see how I lost it. >

I arrowed my biggest buck and can-not see how I lost it.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I arrowed my biggest buck and can-not see how I lost it.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by wvnimrod
IMO depending on a broadhead to make up for bad shot placement is crazyness,we need to be confident in our equipment,but not depend on it to make up for our lack of accuracy,and all the hoopla over the RAGE hasn't helped.its like telling someone to use buckshot and you don't have to worry about learning to be accurate or to be patient. IMO you should make every shot as though you were shooting a fieldpoint, so you better make it a good one!
It shouldn't matter what BH you shoot you still should take an ethical shot on a deer.. I also shoot the Rage and that reason is not to make up for bad shooting its because I love the way they fly and the blood trails they leave.. It wouldn't matter if I shot a muzzy, spitfire, G5, thunderhead, or anything else as long as I hit the deer where I should.. That deer is dead no matter what... Its all about having confidence in yourself and your equipment, but there is NO WAY I would say to myself "oh I shoot the Rage so I'll hit the deer where I can and he'll die" that is rediculous!!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Typical Buck

How do I upload some pics of the horns??
Old 02-11-2010, 04:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Don't get your panties in a knot if you don't know the facts. Ok?
Or you could make your point a little better next time.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Mr mc click on

and then find your file and you can do it.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default The lost and found buck

I started an album and the pics of my deer that was lost are in there.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by diamondrack
, but there is NO WAY I would say to myself "oh I shoot the Rage so I'll hit the deer where I can and he'll die" that is rediculous!!
I agree confidence in your ability first and equipment second,but IMO there's been so much hoopla over the RAGE and pic's of the massive wounds,and although I don't use them and I'm not tring to put them down in anyway,I just think there are alot of newbee's out there that will put to much faith in them and take riskey shots with them based on all the HIPE!
And IMO we need to reinforce shot placement not equipment!
Old 02-12-2010, 04:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice buck, sorry you didn't find him sooner.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by StormDogOutdoors
if a deer is hit in the "dead space" they can go on forever... esspecially big mature bucks. i have a friend who this happened to and we saw the buck the next season. he was perfectly fine. NOTE my case may be rare but ive heard of it a time or two.
Please tell me where this "dead space" is. Any deer that is shot below the spine will hit lung, liver, or guts depending on the shot placement. I'm not dogging you, but I just want to point out this biggest misconception on these kind of threads. If I didn't have to open a photobucket account to upload a pic of an anatomy of a deer I would prove it to you. Next time you gut a deer notice that lining that holds all the organs together. Then notice how itis connected to the spine. A lot of people don't realize how low the spine of a deer sits. Just think about how thick those backstraps are, plus the fat, and the hide....it's inches deep. I promise you all...there is no such thing as the "dead space" or "void area".

Well... I went a head and took the effort because it is worth it. Notice that the only "dead space" is above the spin in the backstrap. All organs are attached to the spine. Therefore if you shoot a deer below the spine you are going to hit an organ and the deer will die. Just depends on how good of a tracker you are if you find it.

Last edited by 2 Lunger; 02-12-2010 at 08:02 PM. Reason: added picture