Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

REAL deer magnet

Old 01-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Spike

Default REAL deer magnet

Never buy overpriced deer attractants again
Im talkin about "deer molasses","cmere deer", deer cocaine", ect.
Make it yourself from all the exact same ingredients.
Go to any farm store head to the feed section
pick up STOCK SALT, TRACE MINERAL,DI-CALCIUM PHOSPHATE
All come in fourty to fifty pound bags and run $5-$10
Use a coffee can as measuring cup
Mix two cans stock salt and trace mineral
And three cans calcium phosphate
With that mixture you can make as much as you need
Now set up is a little work. Dig the ground up about four to six inches deep and about four foot around. Spread the mineral
around in the dug up ground mixing it with the dirt. Then every month or so you can freshen up you area with a couple coffee cans. This stuff also works wonders when sprinkle over the hopper of a corn feeder.
Deer love this mix and it is very good for them also.
I promise they will eat it like hogs good luck
Old 01-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

How has this been working for you in your area? How did you come across or figure the recipe amounts?

Sounds like it would work to me.

iSnipe
Old 01-31-2010, 04:31 AM
Spike

Makes perfect sense, will definately have to try it..
Old 01-31-2010, 04:57 AM
Banned

Unfortunately, a lot of the food plot magical seed stuff is available at your local farm and garden center, and cheaper.

Good tip, Gyro!
Old 01-31-2010, 08:26 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by iSnipe
How has this been working for you in your area? How did you come across or figure the recipe amounts?

Sounds like it would work to me.

iSnipe
Well on all of my properties i have several spots established with this stuff and it looks like a bomb landed. They rip the ground up.
And i noticed something else that is unique. I guess this stuff after a couple of rains gets absorbed into the surround plants trees andsaplings. They eat everything in the area, and chew the bark off the trees. And also i sprinkle this stuff in my feeders. I had to raise my feeds the deer were standing on their hind legs and chewing on my feeders. I have used this stuff for about 10 years and it is the ONLY kind of attractant (other than feed or food plots) that i use. This is real deer cocaine.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have tried every type of rock,block, recipe, lick etc. and nothing works any better than the 50 lb. generic blocks that you can buy at your local TSC or feed store for $5.00 each. And since mineral supplements dont benefit deer in any way other than providing them with a source of salt there is no need to waste time and money running all over town shopping for ingredients then mixing them etc. when you can just go to your local feed store and buy 50 lb. blocks for less money. Pike
Old 01-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

Im not getting the coffee can deal??? Can you please specify how many cups would equal your coffe can??? Thanks alot for the recipe. I cant wait to try it!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I buy the 50# mineral blocks at Tractor Supply, they are cheap and easy to use. As for attactants it is hard to beat corn at least thats what the trail cams show.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
I buy the 50# mineral blocks at Tractor Supply, they are cheap and easy to use. As for attactants it is hard to beat corn at least thats what the trail cams show.

X2...thats what i say
Old 01-31-2010, 03:19 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by J Pike
I have tried every type of rock,block, recipe, lick etc. and nothing works any better than the 50 lb. generic blocks that you can buy at your local TSC or feed store for $5.00 each. And since mineral supplements dont benefit deer in any way other than providing them with a source of salt there is no need to waste time and money running all over town shopping for ingredients then mixing them etc. when you can just go to your local feed store and buy 50 lb. blocks for less money. Pike
The minerals in the lick will benifit the deer just as it would to horses or cattle. Maybe your deer dont for some reason. As far as wasting time or money. All three ingredients are right next to each other on the shelf. For a few more bucks than one mineral block you can make ten times the amount. thank you for your input.
As for anyone else who has any questions keep em comin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.