Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Found Neighbors Stand On Property Line >

Found Neighbors Stand On Property Line

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Found Neighbors Stand On Property Line

Old 02-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Typical Buck

I haven't had time to read all the post, but what does your buddy say, after all it is his property. Is it posted all around, I would make sure the lines are posted for sure.

Did he shrug his shoulders and go back to reading the morning paper and drinking coffee?
Or, did get upset because the neighbor pissed him off before and call the guy names?

either way you are in a loose, loose situation to me. If you go up to the landowner and what next. Good morning, ect,.ect.,ect., i Think you should move your stand bla bla bla...... Might be a start to a wonderful relationship at first but will go down hill quickly once you bring his stand up. If you don't say anything, you might be in that stand one day and hear a shot... Then watch a great 10 pt rolling down the hill dead from the neighbors gun and kick yourself for not saying anything.

Good luck
Old 02-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kevin1
Paying for hunting priveleges(not rights) doesn't grant you any legal rights unless specified by the property owner in the lease agreement, it certainly doesn't allow you to dictate to an adjacent landowner over use of his own land. Whether or not the other LO has made his last payment or not is totally irrelevant, he is the property owner of legal record, and he can place his stand wherever he wants on his property. Saying that placing a stand in a given spot for the sole purpose of poaching later is pure speculation, unless whiner boy can produce a clear photograph of the neighbor poaching his father's land he has no case to make, and couldn't legally even file a trespassing charge since his lease probably doesn't spell out power of attorney to do so in the LO's stead.

Another analogy: You're my neighbor and you build a fence between us with a gate placed so that it's only possible purpose would be to allow you to enter my property at will. That's cool, but be sure to pat my Rottweiler on the head as you pass his house.

I hope it makes you feel intelligent to debunk an argument that hasn't been made. What an interesting modus operandi - make a condescending post raving about a bunch of facts that no one has contested.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

His land, he's owns it, and pays taxes. Probably been hunting in that spot for yrs before you leased your ajoining property. He's good to go in my book.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:32 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by deernutz
His land, he's owns it, and pays taxes. Probably been hunting in that spot for yrs before you leased your ajoining property. He's good to go in my book.
Oooohhhhh. So, because he was there first, that gives him the right to do whatever he wants. Nice attitude!

The ladder stand looked brand new to me. For all I know, he put it up the day before we found it.

Here's the bottom line...I find it somewhat un-ethical and in poor judgment to put a stand where his is. I myself wouldn't do it because of safety concerns and fear that my neighbor would not like it. Evidently, some of you don't think that way. "His land, he can do whatever he wants"! Well, I'm glad those folks on here don't hunt near me. I'm all about being friendly and neighborly and that's what I'll try to do, but if he can't see that his stand is in a place that will cause tension, then other tactics will have to be considered.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

We all no all hunters aren'r ethical or always do the right thing,but legally he is not in the wrong and if you piss him off by asking him to move his stand back his response will probably piss you off and then the nest thing you know id that you will both be in a pissing match and neither will want to back down and you'l both wind up making it where the area won't be worth hunting for either party.Even if the deer are crosiing from your property to his they just don't pop up out of the ground on your property line they must be coming from farther in just set up farther inside your property,also remember if the deer cross from yours to his they surely cross from his to yours,now for safety reasons I would let him no the locations of some of the stands on your property so he won't shoot toward them and it will also help detere him from maybe giving in to the temptation to shoot that deer on your proprty if he knows someone from your camp may be hunting very close to where he is.Bottom line id he is within his rights and until he breaks the law you will have to come to terms with it,like alot of people on here have said you should try to form some kind of relationship with him and get to know him first.I hunt where i have others hunter on the property line and I can see deer on their property and we get along fine.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:19 AM
Fork Horn

I agree he isn't doing anything wrong and all though it makes you mad,asking him to move it will only cause tension. And have you talked with hume you lease from about it, maybe they know their neighbor has the stand there and don't mind,I would talk to your landlord first and if he doesn't know its there maybe he will take care of it,but I would avoid causing conflict, or your landlord may end your lease.I know as a landowner theres nothing worse than bad blood between neighbors.So let him decide how to handle the stand if he wants to at all.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:42 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by singleshot1
Oooohhhhh. So, because he was there first, that gives him the right to do whatever he wants. Nice attitude!

The ladder stand looked brand new to me. For all I know, he put it up the day before we found it.

Here's the bottom line...I find it somewhat un-ethical and in poor judgment to put a stand where his is. I myself wouldn't do it because of safety concerns and fear that my neighbor would not like it. Evidently, some of you don't think that way. "His land, he can do whatever he wants"! Well, I'm glad those folks on here don't hunt near me. I'm all about being friendly and neighborly and that's what I'll try to do, but if he can't see that his stand is in a place that will cause tension, then other tactics will have to be considered.
You have not seen him in the stand and have not caught him breaking the law, and since the stand looks new it maybe there to deter YOU from crossing HIS property line or shooting on to HIS property! Untill you catch him trespassing I'd let it alone,you only lease the land,let your landlord deal with the situation or you may not like the outcome.
And like someone eles stated deer just don't apear in an area they have to come from somewhere just cut them off before they get to that area.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Dominant Buck

If he is the land owner and has the stand on his land no matter where it is facing it is case closed. You lease the land for hunting only. IMO making a big deal about it is a quick way to lose the lease. He might have placed the stand after learning that outsiders are leasing the adjoining property to keep you out of that connecting area. His logic might be that if he has a stand there even if he doesn't use it you won't hunt near it.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wasn't sayin it wouldn't make me mad, but in the end he's not breakin any laws. To me it has nothin to do with ethical or unethical. I shot a wide 8pt this yr in MN. I heard and watched him on neighboring property for 20 mins. He jumped the fence and into my field. Granted I was 150 yds from the property border. I dropped him and didn't think twice about it. The deer are free ranging patterns change.

I would just deal with it. I'm sure theres other places to hang a stand. If not then thats probably a crumby lease. Good luck get a big one!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
I hope it makes you feel intelligent to debunk an argument that hasn't been made. What an interesting modus operandi - make a condescending post raving about a bunch of facts that no one has contested.
If you review your own post that mine answered you'll find that it address your "facts" [point by point. The argument was in fact made, by you. Mine was also not intende as condescending, sorry you took it that way, it only addressed what you said in yours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.