Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Found Neighbors Stand On Property Line >

Found Neighbors Stand On Property Line

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Found Neighbors Stand On Property Line

Old 01-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

Since you know or think you know whose stand it is, I would do what I did a few years back. I would introduce myself to him and offer an exchange of numbers in case he's ever in need of help tracking or whatever else for that matter. Once you've started the conversation off in a non-confronting manner, you may find a perfect saidway about your concern or use it to your advantage. In my case, we worked it out that either of us could venture about a hundred yards on either property and the ability to track game onto the other property without issue. Maybe he's never had an issue near the line, so he just does it because he has never been asked not to? The bottom line is always assume innocence or ignorance prior to creating an issue out of something and you'll end up more often with a positive outcome.

Mike
Old 01-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are sure to create problems if you ask him to move it. On the line, or 10 feet back, don't worry about it. Move on, you got 300 acres. If it were over the line I would make him move it. If you are descent to him, maybe when you have to go on his property to retrieve a buck he won't mind. You are leasing and not the property owner anyway, a problem may cause an issue with the owner and put your lease in jeopardy when it's time to renew.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Teedub,

I agree that it should be a primary concern, but in many such instances, folks are having kneejerk reactions and not thinking big picture. Over the years i have found that deer hunters are about the worst in terms of (figuratively speaking) shooting first and asking questions later when it comes to the willingness to turn something minor into a raging feud without thinking it through.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

just ask him if you can use it when he aint, so you dont have ta build your own blind there..could be the start of a beautiful friendship.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Spike

you could always just put up a high fence along that section of the property. might mess up the deer travel but you wont have to worry about him shooting deer off your land haha
Old 01-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great set up for him...

He can shoot any deer about to cross from his property to yours or shoot any deer that just crossed the boundary to his property.

I'd set up on a situation like that... most likely.

If I did so, I'd be prepared for situations where the deer runs off onto the adjacent property... where trouble can begin. It's a risk you'll have to weigh to see if it's worth it or not.

He's doing nothing wrong; only taking advantage of a good set up situation. If someone did that to me, I'm not sure I'd like it, but I would say under my breathe... "good job".

iSnipe
Old 01-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Spike

hes perfectly legal.you my need to blood trail a deer at some time on to his.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

I'd post the property line real good so there is no mistake about where the line is. Maybe put your own stand right there where he can see it. Walk the property line a couple times while he is there. Put a trail cam up to document if he trespasses. Or maybe work out an arrangement where you let him hunt that spot in return for permission to hunt some part of his property.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wow, some of these suggestions seem like a lot of work in response to what someone is doing ten feet on their side of the boundary.

Sorry guys but some of you remind me of the kid on the school bus on the other side of the aisle who keeps wanting to turn you into the bus driver just for looking at them.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Spike

The nerve of some folks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.