Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Here' s Some Bad Timing

Old 06-13-2003, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Here' s Some Bad Timing

The second child is on the way. That' s the good news. The bad news is that the projected due date is November 30th. All of you PA hunters know what that means. First time since 1981 that I missed deer camp. I guess I' ll make the most out of archery and muzzleloader.
Old 06-13-2003, 05:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Here' s Some Bad Timing

Congratulations BarnesX.308 !
Try not to look at it as " missing deer camp" , think of it as a new hunting buddy , and tax deduction . The cup is only half empty if you choose to see it that way . I' m about to get my last one out of the house , your day will come too .
Old 06-13-2003, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Of course it is good news. Just wish the timing were a month different in either direction. I will call the game commission and see if they will change the dates of the PA buck season for me. It' s worth a shot.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 06-13-2003, 07:37 AM

Dont you know you' re only supposed to make babies from August thru November? Guess those winters up there get mighty cold.[:-]
My boys were born in May, June, and July. I was also married in the month of July to a woman who has the same birthday as mine. No hunting season interference. You gotta plan these things out right man.
Seriously though, congratulations on the new baby. Hopefully another future hunting partner.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:52 AM

Congrats to you on your second. My third is due on December 27th! When we were planning, we were fortunate enough to have things go relatively well over the years, so I was able to black out a six week period in February that would ensure my hunting week would go uninterupted . It' s only my third year of hunting and there was no way I was going to miss it. I already have two hunting buddies and even if the next one' s a girl, it will be my third.

Mike
Old 06-13-2003, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the new addition. I guess rut comes early in Barnes house!

Old 06-13-2003, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

congrats!! i still dont see how my dad pulls it off....but my mom and dads annaversarie is dec 1st...ususally we are at deer camp with the guys...he usually has to take her to dinner before we leave...but she knows we wont miss it lol...i think our whole deer camp will miss out on deer camp this year...the camp we goto is in bad shape and the owner really doesnt seem to care so i doubt it gets fixed...and its not stayable inside without being fixed...congrats to you...
Old 06-13-2003, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the congrats. The rut was a little off last year in the BarnesX.308 house. Must have been the weather or something. My last one was born 4 and a half weeks early. I was supposed to miss a deep sea fishing trip but my little buddy hooked me up. He was almost 7 pounds so I think he hooked his mommy up too by coming out early.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 06-13-2003, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Barnes...C' Mon up to Maine or NH, you can get your deer during firearm season and still be back to meet your new arrival.....Congrats!
Old 06-13-2003, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Barnes!

Here' s how you have to look at it....In a few years...you' ll have a " birthday hunting trip" that you' ll just have to make each season...

Man you just locked yourself in to opening week hunting for life!!!

btw...I' ve got 2...Oct 14th and Nov 5th....so I' m supposed to be able to hunt for both months! Still trying to figure out how to make it happen though...

Quick Reply: Here' s Some Bad Timing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.